[Precious Presents] An Asia-wide Doujin Project Calling for Submissions!Comics Doujin Japan Art Mandarin Comic Society Comic Fiesta Publish in Japan
Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:14 PM
[Precious Presents] An Asia-wide Doujin Project Calling for Submissions!!
Thought about starting a comic career in Japan? If you want to debut in the heartland of manga, don't miss this opportunity! We are calling for submissions for Kurata Yoshimi-sensei's newest doujin project, Precious Presents!Chosen entries will be translated to Japan and published as a Japanese doujinshi, which will be sold at major comic events as well as submitted to major comic publishers (at the moment, Shogakukan, Square Enix, Media Factory and Kodansha) to be reviewed and critiqued by their professional editors! Exceptional works will also be submitted to various Japanese comic awards for consideration!
If you ever want to break into the Japan market, this is your best chance! Register now!
1- To learn about systems within the Japanese manga industry and further understand the creative theories and philosophies behind the successful works of Japan.
2- To promote local comics and its competitiveness within the international market.
3- To produce more comics with international market value.
4- Provide local comic artists an opportunity to debut in Japan.
- Participants must agree with the aforementioned purposes.
- Participants must have an interest with the Japanese market and a desire to debut in Japan.
Rules & Regulations:
- The theme for submission is "Friendship, Diligence, Victory"
- The content of the submission must be suitable for Shonen (teenage boys) and/or Shojo (teenage girls).
- There are no hard limitations on the content of your submissions, however, they should maintain a positive vibe.
- Your submission must be between 4~16 pages long. Kindly try your best to keep your submissions to an even number of pages.
- Only Black/White submissions are accepted. If your submission is in color, kindly convert it Black/White first before submitting.
- Panels must be arranged to read from right to left. If your submission is read from left to right, it will not be processed.
- Submissions must be B4 in (paper) size, high resolution (300dpi) PDF.
- Submissions can be either in Chinese, English and/or Malay (Limited to Malaysia Only).
- Participants are requested to register themselves before 30th April by emailing their name, pen-name, contact number and snail-mail address to: email@example.com
- Participants are requested to send their submissions in high-res PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Attn: [Precious Presents] Doujin Submission)
- If participants wish to send in their submissions through snail-mail, please send in a printed copy of your submission and a CD/DVD containing a high-res PDF of your submission to:
[Precious Presents] Doujin Submission
21-1, Jalan 13/149L,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Registration Deadline: 30-4-2012
Submission Deadline: 2-9-2012
- Should the number of participants exceed a certain number, the choice of publication of any submission will be reverted to the Japanese Executive Committee.
- When submissions are translated into Japanese, the Japanese Executive Committee may edit parts of a submission's content.
- Should the Japanese Executive Committee decide to submit a submission for award consideration, the author may be requested to redraw the submission.
- Personal details of all participants will be strictly guarded by the Japanese Executive Committee. With exceptions to the pen-name, no information will be shared with third-parties without prior permission from the participant.
- Use of submissions are strictly for this activity only. (*need to double check)
- There are no, nor will there ever be, monetary requirements (e.g. processing fees) for participation in this activity.
- All profits from sale of the doujin will go to cover the expenditure of this activity.
*Additional (For Non-Malaysians ONLY)
- Prospective participants may choose to take part by contacting the Japan Executive Committee directly instead (contact listed below).
- BOTH correspondence and entries in this manner must be in either Chinese or Japanese.
『Precious Presents』Japan Executive Committee
Person in Charge：Kawakami Satoshi
Malaysian Mandarin Comics Society, Comic Fiesta
Person in Charge: nerv
- nerv likes this
Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:35 PM
Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:14 PM
Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:21 PM
I've a question. Can I partner with a friend to make 1 submission? If I can, do I have to include both our names in the email to register?
Yes you can. And yes you have to include both of your names when register.
Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:54 PM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:57 AM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:13 PM
Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:58 PM
Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:26 PM
By this 'positive vibe' thing, are we able to include somehow depressing things such as death, or angst with a heart-warming end?
Should be ok.
Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:15 PM
Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM
Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:53 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:34 PM
Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:50 PM
Thanks for extending the dateline and number of pages ;a;
Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:50 PM
Kaiten> At this stage I think there's no need to re-register, just submit your work with clear credits.
Kasumi> 1 B4 = 1 page
nim> @_@ did the dateline extended?
Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:19 AM
Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:34 PM
When are we going to receive the results? ouo
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM
The entries are:
a. 再见承诺(Sunta Fang)
d. Memoria (veleris)
e. Best Friends (Mainne Yue)
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comics, Doujin, Japan, Art, Mandarin Comic Society, Comic Fiesta, Publish in Japan
General Market →
Doujin Market →
Events and Contest →
Community Index →
Doujin Circles Database →
Cosplay Community →
Cosplay Groups →
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users