Photo

are there any SUIKODEN fans here?

suikoden 108 stars

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hi all, wondering are there any Suikoden fans here? for suikoden series, is just 1,2,3,4,5
there are other such as tierties, suikogaiden n etc ~

I am still waiting the news for 6, no news so far ~

But, is there any hardcore fans here? I would like to meet a lot !

and one thing, do any girls know about this? totally curious ~

(I am planning something to do with Suikoden, if you are a gamer fans, or interested, do pm me, so i can tell you more about it !)

Attached Files

Posted Image

As long as you are smiling, you are one step ahead to met Luck, Hope, & Happiness !

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#2 kuro

kuro

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'm not hardcore fan but I re-played Suikoden 1 and 2 a few times. If I recall I enjoyed the 2nd one more, really liked the gameplay but since i never got myself a ps2 didn't play the others =P

p/s: I'm a girl btw. So I guess girls do knw about this?

#3 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Me Me Me!!! Played all~ From 1 - 5 xD

I like 5 the best! Hoho, best combo party i ever form in all those series, fighting the final boss like a piece of cake xD

Yeah..still no news on 6. I hope they will have some soon~ i wanna see all the 27 True Runes~ Some story are also still unexplained >.<!!

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#4 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'm not hardcore fan but I re-played Suikoden 1 and 2 a few times. If I recall I enjoyed the 2nd one more, really liked the gameplay but since i never got myself a ps2 didn't play the others =P

p/s: I'm a girl btw. So I guess girls do knw about this?

oh, thats really a surprise !!! i found 1 ! hmm, u can try get a emulator, and play in at computer, haha, provide u have a average graphic card to avoid lagginess, so u dun ned to buy ps2, haha

Me Me Me!!! Played all~ From 1 - 5 xD

I like 5 the best! Hoho, best combo party i ever form in all those series, fighting the final boss like a piece of cake xD

Yeah..still no news on 6. I hope they will have some soon~ i wanna see all the 27 True Runes~ Some story are also still unexplained >.<!!

yeah, 5 battle system is nice, easy to win, since easy to get the double edge, maybe wrong name, haha..

but i still prefer 2, the stories, BEST !!!

Cant believe someone respond and reply here !!
Posted Image

As long as you are smiling, you are one step ahead to met Luck, Hope, & Happiness !

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#5 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Yeeeahh~ since Suikoden 2 can be linked with Suikoden 1 and not to mentioned the story are more touching from the begining towards the end. Friends was forced to fight each other T____T

I usually use Warrior Rune, Str x2 Def /2, so mostly my Hero died quite fast if he was hit a continuously. Persmerga was my favourite party member~ he is tough, hits hard and cool, but sadly no more story about him later on. As he was still chasing Yuber and Yuber is on the run even at Suikoden 3...only hope that in future if they produced Suikoden 6, will have some story on them.

Still kinda wondering what happened to Victor as in Suikoden 3, the Seven Star Sword? was given to some young guy O.o

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#6 Coppelia

Coppelia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:19 PM

I played Suikoden III, IV and V, but I only finished V multiple times because I can't seem to get in gear to finish III and IV. XD (So I'm mostly biased and in love with V compared to the rest lol)

I heard rumours about the sixth title but it's prolly not gonna come out and Konami likes teasing us. (┰ω┰)。(Plus I sorta wanna know where Viki went next after she just sneezed away in V and disappeared and who Jeanne is.)
Posted Image

#7 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

O.O!! Where did Viki gone? :o Suikoden I i think? :o

And who is Jeane? I been breaking my head here for it >.<"

#8 novaValSakuya

novaValSakuya

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:55 PM

Jeane is the sexy runemistress ;)
She appeared in all main games... so she's probably immortal or something (like Viki). So pretty much she's a mysterious chara.

I love the Suikoden series. One of my all time fav. I really hope Konami will release the 6th game. There's still a lot of unexplored places like the New Armes Kingdom (really curious about this place)........ Western Continent, Eastern Landmass, whole lot of them! I like the fact that the whole series are in the same world and are related with each other.

Do any girls know this? I am one. LOL
Posted Image

#9 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Well~ my sister is also one of the Suikoden fan girl~ xD

Yeah...so many maps unexplored and story not told. Still curious about all the 24 True Runes. Currently only out like 13 True Runes? Wondering what is the 11 True Runes are~

They say Jeane are not who she is. If you use the dog in Suikoden 3 to run explore around, you can talk to Jeane and she did mention about she can't hide anything from the dog and asked the dog not to let her secret out? lol~

#10 Coppelia

Coppelia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:23 PM

I know I'm a fan (girl) too. XD *fives*

Yeah, everyone's assuming Viki and Jeane are something like immortals? XD There was something about it in Suikoden V that someone mentioned... but I forgot. ;A; Maybe I should go replay it or something.

... will there ever be a chance (if) the new Suikoden will be released for a PS3? XDD
Posted Image

#11 Nelneo

Nelneo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Come on. Who didn't/doesn't play any of the Suikoden series, the games that have the most playable characters in them. Posted Image

My favourite was Suikoden 2. It is an rpg like Final Fantasy but it is so much more and it is such an undervalued game, and series. Almost every game in the series has been great, except for Suikoden 4, but now you cannot really get them anymore for less than several hundred dollars. Suikoden 2 puts you in the shoes of a young man in the middle of a war torn country. You start the game with your best friend Joey and he plays a major role in the story throughout the game. Everything goes well for the friends, well except for the war going on around them, until they each find a half of one of the twenty seven True Runes, which basically endow the holder with the strongest magic in the world. Quickly after finding the Rune you become part of the war against a country called Highland, who has the main evil doer of the game leading some of it's armies while also being heir to the throne of Highland, Luca Blight. Throughout most of the game you are running from him or hearing of his actions against nearby neighboring Kingdoms and eventually you come upon a headquarters in which to start your own army against Luca. You and Joey technically start as part of the Highland but that gets problematic rather quickly. The story also does a great job of mixing serious tones and ideas with more light hearted ones. There are definitely some dark events in this game, but at the same time there are plenty of jovial characters and places to make this world feel balanced. Part of the story, essentially, is the story of other characters as well. Throughout the game you collect allies and they come in the form of one hundred and eight characters that you can recruit and find throughout the world. They all their own story and if you can give them what they want they will join you at your stronghold. Many are merely warriors, mages or fighters, but there are also many professionals to recruit as well, like cooks, blacksmiths, painters, architects and even singers. Building your stronghold, figuring out how to recruit each individual person and managing your armies is by far one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game and the series. Obtaining the empty lifeless castle early on to see it get filled with life and to watch it get rebuilt throughout the game is truly wonderful. Your castle has some natural progressions throughout the story and gets to become something huge that is full of rooms and full of people. You also have many merchants that are operating out of the stronghold, merchants that can create the best stores in the game, but only if you collect the right people and right items. This whole idea of base building throughout the game is something that the first game introduced, but Suikoden 2 improved on it quite a bit and they still hadn't improved the formula significantly since then.

One of the other innovative parts of the game was the combat. Many other JRPG's have had similar combat styles to the Suikoden series, but none have ever handled it nearly as well. You had normal things like spells, abilities and items to use during combat but you also had buddy moves that were reliant on certain characters fighting together. On top of that you had parties of six, something very rare for the time when most RPG's had parties of 3-4, and your parties could be filled with a large majority of the one hundred and eight characters that you can recruit into your army. The rune system, basically the magic system, was also a bit unique. You could combine certain runes with each other, runes that complemented each other, to create powerful spells. There is also the true runes, which I had mentioned before, that are grant a single character the most powerful spells in the game. Your party of six could be interchanged at anytime and you could create some great combinations, especially when you have so many options. The skill system that you use for spells, combat, dodging and much more is also unique to the series. Instead of using numbers to represent stats you have skills that represent all kinds of different abilities with letters, for example a character may have "A" level skill in dodge while someone else may have "C" or "E" skill level. You can tell who is best at what based on their skills and how high they can level up them. Few characters in the game can make it past "A" and get "S" skills. Combat is fluid because of skills. Characters can dodge, block, deflect and all kinds of reactive actions that visibly make combat a bit more exciting, especially when you develop someone to become an expert in a combat skill. I also haven't even mentioned that this game is huge with a fairly large open world map and easily a hundred hours worth of gameplay. I also have mentioned duels either, but they do exist and are a blast, but often very challenging if your main character isn't very strong. To show off a tiny bit of combat here is some gameplay from early on in the game. Not only were these games JRPG's with base building elements, but they also have significant amounts of strategic gameplay. Everyone of the Suikodens, except for maybe 4, has you build an army and lead it in battle. Suikoden 2 does this best by making the army really yours, you get to name, you get to select generals and you get to lead it. Battles play out in Suikoden 2 in a slightly familiar way for anyone who has played turn based strategy games, except in these it is all about stats, strategy and abilities. These battles could be really tough and you could permanently lose characters from them if their unit was defeated. These strategic battles were one of my favorite parts of the game, as much as I liked normal combat I absolutely loved the strategic battles. You get to play very many of them throughout the game and all of them have a hefty weight behind them, story wise, that makes every action really count. Suikoden 2 had so much to offer. Between base building, strategic battles, combat and the engaging war torn story it was a hard game to put down. It was also a game full of secrets and multiple endings. Much like other RPG's of the time, like Chrono Trigger of Final Fantasy 7, there was a lot to do the second time around that you likely had no idea existed the first time you played it. People often criticized Suikoden 2 at the time for being too much like the first game, but the first game created many of these great ideas and the second game damn near perfected them. It's been thirteen years and no one has ever recreated anything like Suikoden, something I sincerely hope I cannot still claim in another ten years. If you still want to play the game these days you can either go with the newest edition, Suikoden 5 that came out in 2006 (the last real Suikoden), or you can attempt to purchase this game for $100 or more. I would rather suggest that you find the emulator version floating around, many people have had success with that. Hopefully we will see these games sometime on PSN, but don't hold your breath. I cannot recommend this game enough to any fans of old school JRPG's with big stories, fantastic gameplay, many endings and a lot of quality.

#12 novaValSakuya

novaValSakuya

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Yay to fangirls! XD

Great post Nelneo. Totally agree.
I started playing Suikoden because I was looking for a turn-based game like Final Fantasy. I didn't expect too much of the game but.. how wrong I was... I totally underestimate it. Been a fan ever since. Suikoden 2 was awesome in all aspect. A great squeal. Then the 3rd and 4th came out, they were good and ok respectively. 5 was great.

Lol @ Jeane. Viki I guess is not immortal. She's a time-traveller so she just happens to pop-up in all the major event. What luck XD

For the PS3? Never even heard a rumour bout it. Which is sad. We can always imagine it though lol
Posted Image

#13 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

I know I'm a fan (girl) too. XD *fives*

Yeah, everyone's assuming Viki and Jeane are something like immortals? XD There was something about it in Suikoden V that someone mentioned... but I forgot. ;A; Maybe I should go replay it or something.

... will there ever be a chance (if) the new Suikoden will be released for a PS3? XDD

oh, so there are a lot of fangirls, but i cant meet any that near me, all was like, what is that ?? haha

Viki can teleport, so her immortality is being explained somehow, for Jeane , they mentioned about there are actually several of HER, where u can see different hair color, is still a mystery , i like it thou, just leave it like that, dont crack all the mystery part, haha

hmm, I dont think mostly people will buy Suikoden games now since all prefer to play on emulator, is a lot in fact, n easy to play ~
3 got no news ? i even heard my lecturer says about their system, 3 is a new system where they show u different point of view from different character, maybe because it is 3, they make u playable on 3 character (point of view) at 1st, haha

4 is the ship movement system, KILL themselve, that part can bored u for the whole s 4,

i would say 5 is better, since they have more knowledge on 3d by the time they release 5, even the design is somehow back to the taste, if u know what i mean , haha ( main character's design )

oh well, all still hoping news from 6, 5 is not a last that they do, they did something even recently, in 2010, or 2011, in psp or some other game system, i forgot ~~, just not doing a 6, haha
Posted Image

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#14 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Great post Nelneo~ xD

Yeah~ 4 is bored due to the ship movement, there is once i move until i almost fall asleep travelling lol~

But they did mentioned about the Mini Viki also, much more matured and serious? O.o

#15 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

yeah, the mini Viki teleport to tell something like what to do , er, is do i think , to save future, thats why she teleport to the past,

a reason why Viki (current) is like this now, there a saying due to her sneeze that make her teleport here and there, she is always BLUR already,
so she is like this now, where when she smaller, nth much happen so she is NORMAL , hahaha
Posted Image

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#16 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hrm..still much story left untold i guess~ i am still looking forward the story of Pesmerga and Yuber~ But only until Suikoden 2, then Suikoden 3, only Yuber is there but..where is my Pesmerga? T_T

#17 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

doesnt seem many suikoden fans here, or maybe this section not suitable to ask this, haha
Posted Image

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#18 Coppelia

Coppelia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Seeing that I only played the fifth one (and only managed to get through barely the op for 4th and 3rd), I can say I can't help. XDD At all. I'm sure there're lots more fans (hopefully? D: ) but maybe it's because it's quite an old game so people have mostly forgotten about it... >>;; Seeing that other games are really really really popular on other consoles and the PS2 is dying.
Posted Image

#19 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Well~ for my experience, gamers don't forum much so..it is kinda hard to find them unless they have other interest as well. Most gamers i know usually only hang out at FAQ or Game Forum for guideline and etc. Very few are into ACG Events forum or stuff. Unless they have interest like you all then it will be a different story :D

Did you all played the one from er...NDS? or PSP? The main character in there are Nesh from Suikoden III? O.o

#20 novaValSakuya

novaValSakuya

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Well~ for my experience, gamers don't forum much so..it is kinda hard to find them unless they have other interest as well. Most gamers i know usually only hang out at FAQ or Game Forum for guideline and etc. Very few are into ACG Events forum or stuff. Unless they have interest like you all then it will be a different story :D

Did you all played the one from er...NDS? or PSP? The main character in there are Nesh from Suikoden III? O.o

True...

AFAIK the one with Nash are Suikogaiden 1 & 2 on PS1. It's in Japanese only if I'm not mistaken. Its a visual novel rather than a game though
Posted Image

#21 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Oh i see! I seen the preview and video on facebook..wanna play it but..it is only in Japanese and i can't read japanese T__T Still, i heard that story is nice, anyone here played it before? :o

#22 realm

realm

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

there's no news of suiko 6, but there's a new suiko title out for the psp. It's in another world like tierkris though :( when will they continue the original world...

http://www.konami.jp...enso/100-years/

Jeane is in every game because she holds a True Rune, and True Rune holders are immortal. I guess her clothes/hair changes to the current fashon trend? XD

btw, yes, there are suiko fangirls out there--

#23 Xen

Xen

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:37 PM

Nash is the one which tells some "holes" from Suikoden 2, and some front part of "Suikoden 3", that how 1,2,3 is connected, since they follow the sequences~ 4 is most earliest currently, 5 happen 7~15 years before suikoden 2
Posted Image

My Artwork ! ~ Enjoy ~ !

#24 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Yeah~ hope they will have news for Suikoden 6 soon~ say...i didn't see much Suikoden Fan-arts around the doujin booth or..cosplayer..right? O.o?