Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

ABOUT THE ARTIST:

Hi all! You can call me Ashel or Rei. I'm a 17 year old aspiring illustrator. You might remember me from the other thread (Ashel's Artsy Ambitions), where it got archived. I mostly draw original artwork, and the occasional fanart, with a lot of experimenting regarding style, colours and composition. (Though not a lot of art this year because of SPM) Very recently I returned to making comics. So in the future, you will probably see more of my work around!

I appreciate comment and critique, and I like to talk to people and answer questions.

PROJECTS:

I'm working on a webcomic; The World in Deeper Inspection! The webcomic is still in development, and so far it is undergoing visual development and script-writing for the first 3 chapters. It might release in the near future though, so if you are interested, please tell me so that I know who to inform.

Synopsis:
The World in Deeper Inspection is about an English, Leeds Devil detective who solves mysterious cases for his mysterious clients when their world, Night, falls. Flanked by informants and his trusted Norse Giant bodyguard, he embarks on thrills and mayhem, the ups and downs of his prolific career; told in short stories. However, he befriends a man, and it is only with time that the Detective realises that the fate of the man lies in his hands, and the fate of the world lies in that man.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Art Stuff (from 2011)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Art Stuff (2012):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

''''

#4 NekoFruit

NekoFruit

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Yeah! Ashel's the best! Go Ashel!

#5 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Very eye pleasing and aesthetically distinctive style! You've developed your skills well since you were first here =)

Can't wait to see the completed comic!

#6 darkcreamz95

darkcreamz95

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

AH~ U're only 17 and your art looks so fantastic... I jelly you! :3
Keep it up!! :D

#7 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

Motorcity fan art I drew yesterday!

@Nekofruit: NO, YOU ARE THE BEST. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. Ili's the best, go Ili, go go! Most popular booth in CF!

@Ezel: Ahh, thanks Ez! I can't believe you remember me! That was so long ago, OH MAN MY STYLE FROM WHEN I WAS 15. I'm so glad I improved though.
And I will inform you when the comic is released! Early next year, if all goes well.

@Darkcreamz95: Aren't you about my age also? Aiyoh no lah, I have been drawing consistently for 10 years. Don't compare. p:

#8 darkcreamz95

darkcreamz95

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Nya ha but I'm quite impressed by your drawing style~ It feels like adult art...

Oh yea, good luck in your SPM too! :D

#9 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

@darkcreamz95: HAHA, adult art. Noooo, that one is personal between my best friend. p: But jokes aside, thank you! I still think I need to improve though!

#10 RavenMin

RavenMin

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

I really love your style.. did you set up a booth last year too?

Posted Image

#11 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

@RavenMin: Thank you! And no, I have never set up a booth before! Last year was my FIRST YEAR of attending CF (haw haw haw haaa....). And I am not setting it up this year due to arranged plans.
I'm definitely planning to get a booth next year, in 2013. I don't know whether individually or with my art group, Obscurus, but either way, I'm going to be there with my art, my webcomic (up there in the first post) and my friends.

#12 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image

#13 morpheusly

morpheusly

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh my, your art is wonderful. It straddles the mundane and the fantastic with good balance of both. I'm reminded of the strange worlds Neil Gaiman builds and of labyrinthine realities. I love your use of colour as well and oh my, I'd shower you with Moleskines if I could.

I'm rather new to CF in general (was only ever a sporadic attendee) and as you can tell from my attempt as a critique, I don't draw :P I do write though, or attempt to, and while I'm too late to try and showcase some of it for CF 2012, I wonder if you are open to collaborations? I freely admit my works tend to have yaoi elements in it but it's not the focus. I prefer the fantastical, especially if I can incorporate Japanese lore and myths into it. If you are interested, or perhaps would rather recommend someone else for it, I'd be much obliged :)

P.S: Out of curiosity, do you use Moleskines?

#14 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

@morpheusly: Ay caramba! That comment of yours just made me blush! Sorry for the late reply as I am in the midst of my SPM Trials (crying and sobbing and weeping).
Thank you so much! I am so honoured that my work reminds you of Neil Gaiman's. He's a really huge influence on me in the story-telling side of creating comics (or novels, but as much as I like writing my projects tend to ask for more visuals). I've read most of his books, and because I'm grateful of it, The Graveyard Book is my favourite. *D* Ahh, Gaiman fangirling.
Hehe, how I wish you could shower me with Moleskines (they are really expensive). I've only used one Moleskine for the first time in my life this year. And I just finished it. So I'm back to my cheap sketchbooks now.

Hmm, depending on your story and your ideas, I'm open to collaborations. I think I'm willing to accept a short project. Only because I'm working on the webcomic, and I need to schedule my time around it. I'm really ok with yaoi elements, as long as it's subtle and not the central focus of the story and characters.

#15 dragonreine

dragonreine

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

You have a beautifully surreal art style that just draws the eye and captures the imagination. Great use of lines, colours and textures to convey form and movement, and the clever use of composition give your works flow and rhythm, so much that even the busier pieces are actually easy to read and don't seem over-cluttered. I keep thinking it'll be fun to collaborate to create an art piece with you, except I'm not entirely sure how your art style and mine would mesh, haha!

Keep up the great work!
Posted Image

#16 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Posted Image

My submission for CF's Redesigning Coffy Contest. (I keep paraphrasing the name of this contest, I really should remember it)

@DragonReine:

Posted Image

Kerry, thank you so much! If I could print comments and frame them on walls for when I get down in the dumps about my art, this will be one of those comments. I really appreciate your time writing it; it brought a smile to my face (for real).
I don't see why we can't collaborate. I think it will be quite fun to figure out an intermediate. It doesn't necessarily have to be in our default style; maybe something we can come up specifically for the collab? That's what collaboration is all about; to open up something new. And your style is so opposite the spectrum (I really like how you capture realism. There are some kinds of realism that some people seem to be able to kill with coldness and robotic-ness , but you are not one of them) that hey, maybe we can learn something from each other. p:

#17 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 dragonreine

dragonreine

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Saw the bulbasaur one on tumblr, but I have to say, pretty friggin' adorable.

On the collab, I'm planning to create an illustration for Shousetsu Bang*Bang's September 2013 special issue for art, They've released the themes for their 2013 issues [which you can read about here] and because it's set in September (a whole year away), there's plenty of time to prepare.

Shousetsu Bang*Bang is a yaoi/slash-oriented online e-zine, and as such will contain m/m elements. However, illustrations don't have to be R-rated, thankfully; PG-13 and below stuff is fine, as long as there's implied m/m. :) Art guidelines for S2B2 can be seen here: http://bb-shousetsu.....com/54374.html
Posted Image

#19 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

Apocalyptic - As part of something, hopefully!

#20 RavenMin

RavenMin

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

ah... looking yet again at your wonderful work. It never ceases to amazed me... never stop my dear, never stop :heart:

Posted Image

#21 Pedo Bear-san

Pedo Bear-san

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Wah!....21st century Picasso art....so amazing and exquisite.......love them drawings....hope you'll finish it...hahaha... :blush:
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”-Elbert EinsteinPosted Image

#22 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

@Nura: Your compliment has got to be the weirdest one about my art. Aw man, I am not Picasso! I don't twist bodies around that much, nor do I draw as well as him. But thank you anyway! What do you mean by hoping that I will finish it? You mean, my comic? That will take 10 years, serious.

@RavenMin: Aw, thanks for being a fan! I appreciate it! And nope, won't be stopping anytime soon. More art on the way, after SPM!

#23 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi! I am back for a bit of a break from studying Physics! I'm sitting for my SPM right now, just 14 more days to go until it's officially over and I am free forever! Nothing much other than I have graduated from high school, and haven't been drawing much lately because of exam things, but I did complete the FIRST FIVE PAGES of my webcomic as a preview. It's in the next post!

#24 Reimena Ashel Yee

Reimena Ashel Yee

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

The World in Deeper Inspection - 5 Page Preview (with a temporary cover)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 nicklausyap

nicklausyap

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hello,
Keep up the good work!!! :)

#26 NaD

NaD

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

dood am still waiting for a book from you xD haha, very nice stuff man, I really like your style and keep it up ;)
Posted Image

#27 fishu

fishu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Pretty and unique style me likesss *q*
Looking forward to your webcomic ahh ww
The procrastinator.

#28 Kin Chia

Kin Chia

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

A very unique style, seldom see these arts. Looking forward to your webcomic too~ :D

1969253_325050654345670_6918152235103586

My Facebook (Kin Chia) : http://www.facebook....hp?id=650941247 (feel free to add me~ Thanks xD)
Blog : http://kuantancoswalk.wordpress.com (will use this blog to post updates on cosplay and hobby stuff from Kuantan, Pahang :D )

Facebook Page : https://www.facebook...80623486?ref=hl (Kuantan Coswalk FB Page :) )

#29 arju-naa

arju-naa

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

You already know what I think about your work man. I BOW TO YOU. -bowbowbow-

No seriously your art is friggin' amazing. 

tumblr_mmcf8hq40C1s5vajfo1_500.gif

If you have a dream, don't wait. Act. One of life's little rules. Got it memorized?

deviantART + Roleplay/ask Tumblr + Art Tumblr + Fancomic in progress

I'm open for forum signature requests~

#30 hanakage

hanakage

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

WOW and you're 17? This is amazing you have your own unique style of drawing.

Not the usual manga style. 

I envy you XD

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, indie, comics, digital, illustration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users