Photo

CF 2010 Digital Art Competition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Entry is simple! Just submit your filled entry forms to our registration counter on event day between 11.00am and 1pm! Entry forms are available on site, or you can download it from the link found below.

As mentioned, submit the form on the event day to our registration counter.

#2 Nushi_no_hitobashira

Nushi_no_hitobashira

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

that means there's 20 participants in each category?
Posted Image

#3 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

Posted ImageThis year's Comic Fiesta's on site Art Competition will be rolling as usual but this time, instead of competing on papers, we will be saving the trees and going digital with our first ever Digital Art Competition!Entry is simple! Just submit your filled entry forms to our registration counter on event day between 11.00am and 1pm! Entry forms are available on site, or you can download it from the link found below.[attachment=0]General Rules[list][*]This year's art competition (here on referred to as "the competition") will be held on-site.[*]There are two categories for the competition, each with their own age group which we judge based on the age you are supposed to be that year REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOUR BIRTHDAY HAS PASSED.[*]Computers and tablets will be provided (Not to be taken as own property) and 20 slots will be given for each category. Treat all provisions with care. Any damage can and will result in disqualification.[*]Entries will be judged based on concept, creativity, and quality of work.[*]Entries that contain vulgarities and/or obscenities will automatically be disqualified.[*]Judgesâ?? decisions are final. Complaints will not be entertained.[*]Top 10 finalists will be selected from each category after the competition and the winners will be announced on the 19th December 2010 during the prize giving ceremony.[*]Prizes will be given out towards the end of the second day's festivities. If the winners are not present to claim their prizes and no proxy is present, their prize will be subject to forfeit. Comic Fiesta will not be held responsible in ensuring the delivery of the prizes to the winners.[*]Comic Fiesta reserves the right to change the terms of the competition at our discretion without any prior notice.[/list:u]Character ColoringCategory: 17 and under.Date: 18th December 2010 (Saturday)Registration Time: 11.00am-1.00pmTime: 2.00pm - 5.00pm- Participants must be 17 years old and below.- Please be on-site at 1.45pm for a short briefing session.- Participants will be required to color a lineart which will be provided.- The competition will end at 5.00pm. To be fair, all artists are required to stop their works immediately at that time.IllustrationCategory: Above 18Date: 19th December 2010 (Sunday)Registration Time: 11.00am-1.00pmTime: 2.00pm - 5.00pm- Participants must be at least 18 years old and above.- Please be on site at 1.45pm for a short briefing session.- Participants are required to draw an illustration based on a theme which will be provided on the day itself.- The competition will end at 5.00pm. To be fair, all artists are required to stop their works immediately at that time.*The availability of slots are subject to change. Additional contestants will be put onto a waiting list and notified should there be slots available.**Prizes to be announced at a later date.***We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of the contest without prior notice, and participants have to abide with the latest terms and conditions of the contest.

#4 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

I want to ask something,If the slots are full, and a little girl still wants to participate, can she join this contest by using her laptop(with Photoshop installed) and drawing tablet?

#5 Roxan

Roxan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

excuse me, what programs will be given for the competition? cause for lineart i normally use SAI while coloring is photoshop. 8D, oh and is it ok if i save the color palette that i normally use in a thumbdrive to be used for the contest?

#6 xsaye

xsaye

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

EHHHH? what program will be provided for the character colouring competition ;w; and just like roxan... can we bring our own saved files (texture, brushes, patterns) that we usually use? ;w;
[align=center]X s a y ePosted ImageBlog::Tumblr [/align]

#7 Jat

Jat

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

Sounds interesting, would like to know which software will be provided though.

#8 nerv

nerv

President

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Standard software, Photoshop(will confirm the version asap) will be the software for the competition. And, yes, you can bring over your own brushes and color pallet.

#9 NekoFruit

NekoFruit

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:35 PM

I'd like to ask, what type/brand of tablet will be used?

#10 Psssking

Psssking

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

can i noe how to submit the form???
hard working is the key to success nothing is impossible unless u do it

#11 Ichihiko

Ichihiko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

If I am joining the line-art colouring competition, is it okay to add a few things to the drawing?

#12 Jat

Jat

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

Is it possible if I brought my own software that doesn't require installation?

#13 cantabile

cantabile

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

umm,based on this sentence>> Computers and tablets will be provided (Not to be taken as own property) and 20 slots will be given for each category. Just to be sure,only 20 participants can join in the colouring contest?First 20 people to register in the colouring contest will be able to participants?

#14 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

[quote name='"NekoFruit"]I'd like to ask' date=' what type/brand of tablet will be used?[/quote']Wacom tablets :D[quote="Nushi_no_hitobashira"]that means there's 20 participants in each category?[/quote]Yes, but it might subject to change.[quote name='"Ichihiko"]If I am joining the line-art colouring competition' date=' is it okay to add a few things to the drawing?[/quote']Yes, You're free to add in extra details into the drawing. :D[quote="Jat"]Is it possible if I brought my own software that doesn't require installation?[/quote]No, you can't bring your own software. You're only allowed to use the software we provide. ><[quote name='"cantabile"]umm' date='based on this sentence>> Computers and tablets will be provided (Not to be taken as own property) and [b']20 slots will be given for each category[/b]. Just to be sure,only 20 participants can join in the colouring contest?First 20 people to register in the colouring contest will be able to participants?[/quote]Yes, the first 20 people who register for the coloring contest will be able to participate.========================================================Just a note, registration for Under 17 (Character coloring) will be on Saturday (18th Dec) and registration for Above 18 (Illustration) will be on Sunday (19th Dec).This is a first come first serve basis~!

#15 Nushi_no_hitobashira

Nushi_no_hitobashira

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

I'm 17 years old so which category should I register?
Posted Image

#16 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

I want to ask something,If the slots are full, and a little girl still wants to participate, can she join this contest by using her laptop(with Photoshop installed) and drawing tablet?

No you can't. You have to use the pc we provided and there's limited space. >_<

I'm 17 years old so which category should I register?

You should be in Under 17 category, character coloring. :)

#17 NekoFruit

NekoFruit

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

What about textures? Are we allowed to use any textures?

#18 Teh-O

Teh-O

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

What about textures? Are we allowed to use any textures?

Yes, you're allowed to use textures. :)

#19 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Are the computers provided online? Because maybe I need to get textures online lol

#20 Kiraneko

Kiraneko

Comic FIesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

Are the computers provided online? Because maybe I need to get textures online lol

I think it would be a safer bet to assume the computers are going to be offline, so please bring your own textures in a memory stick. =)
Bouncy Bouncy Boing Boing~

#21 Baie214

Baie214

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Lolx.....:D