#1 Dreamerall

Dreamerall

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hey there to the person who's reading this,

Well I just finished taking my PMR exam (yes, I'm 15) and I'm thinking about going to CF and cosplay for fun. The first character that came in my mind is Rukia Kuchiki since we have the same height, weight, similar hairstyle, we both like to eat cucumber and even the same blood type which is a bit creepy. Should I cosplay her or another character?

Do you guys know any shop that sells cosplay items around KL/Klang? I lived in Shah Alam so I don't think there's one here. Plus, I might go make my own costume since I know a little bout sewing because of ERT.
  • Vynncy and silverfang98 like this

#2 Raincloud

Raincloud

Veteran CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

If you like the character and think you can pull it off..i say go ahead with it.
the costume is quite alright for a beginner.

For costumes, i believe suncomics sells a small selection of costumes, and i heard some shops in sungai wang and times square has some too (but ive never really went to look for them myself so i cannot confirm this). Alternatively you can search on some facebook groups..some of them sells second costume, If you are lucky you might be able to find what you want for cheap.

If you are planing to sew your own costumes...thats great. You will definatly be able to save a lot of money.You can start by looking up tutorials on how to make the costume and props online. I think it should be quite easy to find using google.
I'll be nicer if you'll be smarter. ^________^

#3 Dreamerall

Dreamerall

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Well I checked SUNCOMIC and they only have like 7 costumes for sale which is Ichigo's shinigami uniform, hollow costume, bankai, Urahara's costume, Naruto, Akatsuki's cloak and Miku's costume... SUNCOMIC has three shops but since I checked from they're website, I guess there's no use of going to the shop unless they don't update the website.

#4 miyavi honey

miyavi honey

The Low Profile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1299 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:54 PM

at sungei wang, Cosplayer shop, have more variety costumes than Suncomic. http://www.facebook....107449856021690
but its quiet expensive, it's better to sew it yourself of buy online.

#5 Dreamerall

Dreamerall

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

at sungei wang, Cosplayer shop, have more variety costumes than Suncomic. http://www.facebook....107449856021690
but its quiet expensive, it's better to sew it yourself of buy online.

Yeah, I'm going to go fabric shopping around this weekend and maybe start sewing asap since it's difficult to find the right size especially with a small body like mine.

#6 JulchenChii

JulchenChii

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well one advice from me is that is you are doing rukia the shinigami ver,you must take note that Hakama is not a beginner level.
The kimono top is easy to make but the hakama require a lot of math and pattern is kinda confusing.
Since you only have basic sewing knowledge because of ERT,I suggest you find a tailor for your hakama.

Believe me,Im a fashion student @.@

I suggest you cosplay rukia the school ver because that one is pretty easy for a beginner^^
But then again,its all up to you on which ver you want to cosplay as 8)

#7 Nakashima Harumi

Nakashima Harumi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Well, I'm also new at this. CF2012 is actually the first time I'm gonna cosplay too and I'm also 15, and I also live in Shah Alam (Awkward). For me, I ordered my costume online, tailor made. Mine is actually a white kimono, the character Tsurara Oikawa (Yuki-Onna) from Nurarihyon No Mago. Even though the material of my costume isn't the best but I got it at RM135(Cheapest I found), Free Postage. http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts <--- The online shop I got it from, best if you message the owner, if you want quick reply. And if you don't understand Chinese, don't worry, I spoke to her in English. xD And best if you ask her fast, cause it takes time to get the costume ready and sent.

I like love  unicorns and rainbows. Don't you? LOL.

#8 Dreamerall

Dreamerall

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Thanks Nakashima! I'll go check it out tho I found mine already.

#9 Nakashima Harumi

Nakashima Harumi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

My pleasure. :)

I like love  unicorns and rainbows. Don't you? LOL.

#10 ItsCookie :'>

ItsCookie :'>

i love being a midget :D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

well, by looking at what Nakashima posted, you can just find a taobao agent here(which is always cheaper) and find some links from taobao and get the quotations. it'd save you quite some big amount of money

tumblr_mwzma8I4Mj1rn8lhxo1_500.gif

\

#11 Vynncy

Vynncy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hello Arisu Yoshino ^^
I just came across this forum and was wondering If you're still looking for someone to sew your costume,
or any other costumes.

I am a freelance costume designer/maker.
I make costumes for living, since January 2012.
Graduated in Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me at
vynncy.dyzzones@gmail.com
:)

Anyone who is looking for a costume designer/maker is
always welcome to contact me for custom-made costumes.
Have a great day peeps! ^^

#12 Vynncy

Vynncy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Oh by the way i stay in Shah Alam too .
what a coincidence XD

#13 Dreamerall

Dreamerall

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hello Arisu Yoshino ^^
I just came across this forum and was wondering If you're still looking for someone to sew your costume,
or any other costumes.

I am a freelance costume designer/maker.
I make costumes for living, since January 2012.
Graduated in Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design.

If you're interested, feel free to contact me at
vynncy.dyzzones@gmail.com
:)

Anyone who is looking for a costume designer/maker is
always welcome to contact me for custom-made costumes.
Have a great day peeps! ^^

I'll look for you for my next costume, it's quite convenient too since we're in the same area. :lol:

#14 Vynncy

Vynncy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'll look for you for my next costume, it's quite convenient too since we're in the same area. :lol:

Haha yup~ yea sure~ looking forward to that :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cosplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users