• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Cosplay competitions are back! Coffy and Tea have survived the apocalypse. Beware the zombies!

Posted Image

Venue: Kuala Lumpur City Center Convention Center (KLCCCC)
Date: 22nd and 23rd of December 2012
Formats: Group (pre-registration ONLY) and Solo (pre and on-site registration*)
Prizes: Trophy + goodie bags!

*subject to competition rules and regulations.

Group Cosplay Rules

1. There will be a maximum of 12 groups.
2. Each group will have 6 minutes to perform a skit.
3. Groups will consist of 3 to 6 contestants.
4. Each group can have a maximum number of 4 helpers.
5. Participants will be judged based on their... Character Portrayal (how well the character is presented) Costume (how accurate the presentation is to the character's, well erm... character) Creativity (how outstanding the approach might be) Showmanship (how entertaining is the performance)
6. The Group Cosplay will be held on the 22nd of December, 12.00pm - 1.30pm.
7. Participants are required to check in at the [CF event registration counter] 45 minutes before the beginning for the competition where the order of performance will be determined.
8. Logistical assistance (microphones, chairs, tables) can be provided but advance notification will be required upon submitting your registration forms. Kindly understand that this assistance will also be subject to availability and will be confirmed upon check in. Any damage to to our equipment resulting from improper use will be penalized.
9. Participants are also advised to submit a copy of their performance soundtrack in .mp3 or .wmv format (in no less than 128kbps) upon check in... just in case.
10. Each skit must be worked around the theme, “The World Ends with You.” Failure to comply will result in deduction of marks.
11. There will be NO on-site registration for Group Cosplay. Download registration forms here and email them to cosplay@comicfiesta.org before the 16th of December.

Solo Cosplay Rules

1. There will be a maximum of 60 participants.
2. Each participant will have 30 seconds to perform during prelims.
3. Failure to complete in 30 seconds will unleash a zombie horde on stage (you lose points if you get caught/bitten). You are not allowed to attack the zombies.
4. Participants are allowed to do anything in these 30 seconds as long as it doesn’t violate CF rules.
5. Participants will be judged based on their... Character Portrayal (how well the character is presented) Costume (how accurate the presentation is to the character's, well erm... character) Creativity (how outstanding the approach might be) Showmanship (how entertaining is the performance)
6. The Preliminaries will be held on the 23rd of December, 12.00pm - 1.00pm. The Finals will be held on the 23rd of December, 1.30pm - 2.30pm.
7. Participants are required to check in at the [CF event registration counter] 45 minutes before the beginning for the competition where the order of performance will be determined.
8. Logistical assistance (microphones, chairs, tables) can be provided but advance notification will be required upon submitting your registration forms. Kindly understand that this assistance will also be subject to availability and will be confirmed upon check in. Any damage to to our equipment resulting from improper use will be penalized.
9. Participants are also advised to submit a copy of their performance soundtrack in .mp3 or .wmv format (in no less than 128kbps) upon check in... just in case.
10. Download registration forms here and email them to cosplay@comicfiesta.org before the 16th of December. On-site registration is available but will close one hour before the start of the prelims.

Solo Finals
1. EIGHT (8) finalists will be selected.
2. Each finalist will get 5 minutes to perform a skit based on a theme that will be given.
3. Default BGM and background will be provided for each theme. If finalists wish to provide their own, they have to inform the person in charge at least 30 minutes before the finals start.
4. Each finalist will can have a maximum of TWO (2) helpers.

The following are general rules that you need to follow when cosplaying and some very helpful tips.

Section I: Getting To the Venue
Spoiler

Section II: General Rules & Regulations
Spoiler

Section III: Regulations Regarding Cosplay Props
Spoiler

Section IV: Regulations Regarding Changing Rooms & Washrooms
Spoiler

If you have any inquiries, do post them here or email me at navin@comicfiesta.org

We hope to see you at CF! Majulah Kusplai Untuk Negara!

Attached Files

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#2 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Wow we can sita props this year!!
Don't ever dare saying something you don't dare to do !!!

Que Bee Ozairs
STR: 1 DEX: 3 CON: 1 INT: 1 WIS: 2 CHA: 2
HP: 10/10

#3 KiKi Kuchiki

KiKi Kuchiki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:29 AM

OTP competition has gone? But if take group competition, just have 2 member. What should i do???

#4 Kimm

Kimm

Magical Mars Bar

• Community Moderator
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

OTP competition has gone? But if take group competition, just have 2 member. What should i do???

Unfortunately in the rules it's already stated

3. Groups will consist of 3 to 6 contestants.

Which means that you would have to find more members to join your group to be able to participate. u___u)

Howl "Baby" Fyrallon
STR: 1+1 DEX: 3 CON: 2 INT: 2 SPI: 2-1

Posted Image

#5 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

On my behalf it will be more epic if ur group consist more then 2 people ;D

http://comicfiesta.org/2012/cosplay/ if u read it from here OTP still on this year

(Would just like to remind everyone double posting is frowned upon u__u xo Kimm)

Que Bee Ozairs

#6 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

http://comicfiesta.org/2012/cosplay/ if u read it from here OTP still on this year

Hi everyone. The website has not been updated. There will be no OTP this year.

Thank you.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#7 KiKi Kuchiki

KiKi Kuchiki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Is sad to hear OTP has been cancelled.. Because our performance is partner dance.. Is hard to add 1 more member and re-arrange the step.. Is there any extra allowance for 2 person? QwQ Is very very hard to get partner in this short time..

#8 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Is sad to hear OTP has been cancelled.. Because our performance is partner dance.. Is hard to add 1 more member and re-arrange the step.. Is there any extra allowance for 2 person? QwQ Is very very hard to get partner in this short time..

I'm really sorry but we can't accommodate the OTP competition. Our schedule is too packed and we don't want to turn the group competition into a group and OTP mash-up. Sorry again.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#9 lord_kuching

lord_kuching

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm really sorry but we can't accommodate the OTP competition. Our schedule is too packed and we don't want to turn the group competition into a group and OTP mash-up. Sorry again.

Im hoping someday CF will be a 3 or 4 day event so we can have more epic stuff in it :D

Que Bee Ozairs

#10 nicklausyap

nicklausyap

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

But they need to add more stuff to see and more stuff to do or it gonna be boring!!! :lol:

#11 PandaYue

PandaYue

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

3 different charcter from 3 different series, is it ok? :L

#12 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

3 different charcter from 3 different series, is it ok? :L

Yes it's ok. :D

#13 PandaYue

PandaYue

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Vocaloid categorize as what ._.?

#14 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Vocaloid categorize as what ._.?

You can categorize Vocaloid as a game.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#15 PandaYue

PandaYue

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

May we submit the group cosplay competition form in email first then later send another file which contains the music/sound clips?

#16 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

May we submit the group cosplay competition form in email first then later send another file which contains the music/sound clips?

You may but there's no hurry. You can take your time and send both together. You can send ii in first if you're afraid you might not get a spot.
  • PandaYue likes this

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#17 PandaYue

PandaYue

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

You may but there's no hurry. You can take your time and send both together. You can send ii in first if you're afraid you might not get a spot.

sent and added in a reminded that we will send another email that contains the sound clips.
will bring the sound clips in usb drive during 22nd dec too :3
  • NaviX likes this

#18 waninoko

waninoko

Assistant Event Director

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 2252 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

sent and added in a reminded that we will send another email that contains the sound clips.

yep that would do. Thanks and look forward to your entry. :D

#19 ktyp3322

ktyp3322

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

May i know if register for group competition , is one person fill up one form right? Sorry because tis is my 1st time register... ><

#20 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

May i know if register for group competition , is one person fill up one form right? Sorry because tis is my 1st time register... ><

Hi! Yes one person can fill up the form but you need to furnish us with the details of your group members like their name, IC, character name, character description and reference picture at the very least.

Hope that helps!

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#21 ktyp3322

ktyp3322

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi! Yes one person can fill up the form but you need to furnish us with the details of your group members like their name, IC, character name, character description and reference picture at the very least.

Hope that helps!

Oh, ok and thanks alot~ XDD
Erm, if later how to know am our group already register the Group competition ? Or had information to see or mail when be4 the competition cause scare if the detail wrong or any problem tats failed to join competition .... ><

#22 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Oh, ok and thanks alot~ XDD
Erm, if later how to know am our group already register the Group competition ? Or had information to see or mail when be4 the competition cause scare if the detail wrong or any problem tats failed to join competition .... ><

We will reply you saying you're confirmed via email and that we hope to see you on CF2012!

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#23 ktyp3322

ktyp3322

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

We will reply you saying you're confirmed via email and that we hope to see you on CF2012!

thanks a lot~~~ ^ v ^

#24 PandaYue

PandaYue

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I've sent in the sound clip for the competition! :D
and please update >w<

it is in the attachment :D

#25 sanystar

sanystar

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Is the solo category still available? I would like to join... :blush:

2016 cosplan
Rin Okumura (Ao no exorcist) unconfirm 

Kurusu Syo  (Uta no prince sama) unconfirm 

Aoba Seragaki (Dramatical murder) unconfirm 

#26 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Is the solo category still available? I would like to join... :blush:

Hi, you can register during CF itself and you can still email us for Solo.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#27 sanystar

sanystar

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

If I register on-site, should I bring along the printed registration form with the reference picture and the USB drive (contain mp3 file/ wmv file)? Will the registration for solo category be available on CF day 1 (22 december)?

2016 cosplan
Rin Okumura (Ao no exorcist) unconfirm 

Kurusu Syo  (Uta no prince sama) unconfirm 

Aoba Seragaki (Dramatical murder) unconfirm 

#28 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

If I register on-site, should I bring along the printed registration form with the reference picture and the USB drive (contain mp3 file/ wmv file)? Will the registration for solo category be available on CF day 1 (22 december)?

Hi the answer is yes to all your questions!

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

#29 Since2008

Since2008

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi, I would like to ask about the preliminary round for the Solo Cosplay competition. For the 1st 30 second on stage, are we allowed to use any altered sound effects or BGM? Thank you,

#30 NaviX

NaviX

Ninja

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 267 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi, I would like to ask about the preliminary round for the Solo Cosplay competition. For the 1st 30 second on stage, are we allowed to use any altered sound effects or BGM? Thank you,

Yes you are but you need to give us in advance so that we can queue it.

Navin Innasi

Event Manager

Comic Fiesta

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cosplay, solo, group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users