2 replies to this topic

#1 exrvs2

exrvs2

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

If you watched Accel World (AW) and Sword Art Online (SAO) you must be familiar with terms like NerveGear, AMUSphere, Neuro Linker, Full DIve etc. This kind of concept is already started in real life like NeuroWear, electroencephalography (EEG), that one device that I forgot what name it is but can control virtual movement by using EEG But the research still stuck only in one part that is receiving the data, not sending data to brain.

Posted Image

By using several examples that extracted from AWxSAO, I found out that:
  • It breaches the scientific ethics and can be inhumane. ALO game master forcibly take 300 more or less ppl for illegal experiment purpose.
  • There must be a non-destructive testing to make the devices but yet, they haven't found it and making players participate forcibly in the experiment that involves memory erasing and personality changing, which is basically trying to lock the player desire and can be made into real life, apparently legal slaves.
  • Cyber bullying and cyber crime as shown by Noumi Seiji (AW) threatening Arita Haruyuki to post disgracing content to public and hacking into other personal devices using backdoor and illegal program to extract info, visual hacking (thus making Haruyuki accidentally went into girl's bathroom, creating a subject that used to threaten him)
  • Major crime like SAO, trapping the player for more than 2 years in the game in purpose of one's desire and and finally becoming a life threatening situation for the players.
  • Psychological effect can occur when someone can no more distinguish between real and virtual, become addicted heavily, trauma etc that finally can affect user's physiology. For example, in SAO, it's told that the virtual tasting stimulation that is used to make food feel and taste real (inb4 Asuna's cooking) is formely used to fake hunger for people who wants to diet.
So, what do you guys think? How about the positive side of this technology? postpostpost...

Spoiler

Posted Image

I'm really trying hard right here, some help maybe?

#2 PakliTehStampede

PakliTehStampede

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

KYH tu anak kepada Asuna dengan Kazuto.

Betulkah?

#3 exrvs2

exrvs2

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

KYH tu anak kepada Asuna dengan Kazuto.

Betulkah?

Ready for the text? Here are the articles directly quoted from kasuka.net

I just started reading the Alicization Beginning arc of Sword Art Online aka Volume 9. It was supposedly translated by Teh_Ping two weeks ago, but final exams prohibited me from getting around to reading it. I also haven’t been able to read New Testament 4 of To Aru Majutsu no Index. This week’s Accel World raised an interesting point in which I wanted to talk about. Kuroyukihime elaborated upon the most important bond in Accel World , which is the bond between the person who gives brain burst and the person who ends up installing brain burst. This master/protege relationship is especially potent as each side knows the true identity of each other, so repercussions in the Accel World have great reverberations in the real world. While the bond can be benevolent and almost loving, the counter also holds true.

In the latest episode, Kuroyukihime vents her hatred of her master. In the Accel World novels, the reason behind her hate isn’t revealed yet. Neither is her true name.

The theory that I have is that Kirito and Asuna from Sword Art Online are Kuroyukihime ‘s parents. If you look closely at Aincrad’s Kirito and Black Lotus, they share many similar traits such as dual swords and the color ‘black.’

Now, I will begin to lay out the foundation for this theory and elucidate some of my speculations.

The setting of the third arc of Sword Art Online, Gun Gale Online, takes place in the year 2026, two years after the events of the Old Aincrad. The beginning of Accel World takes place in the year 2046, 20 years after GGO. In the GGO arc, Kirito was 16 while Asuna was 17. Supposing that Kirito and Asuna get married when they are 22-23, Kuroyukihime would be around 13-14 years old in the year 2046. This matches up with her being in her second year of middle school at the beginning of Accel World .

Second of all, Kuroyukihime has mentioned in the anime that her real name isn’t too much different from her moniker ‘Kuroyukihime.’ Asuna’s full name is Asuna Yuuki. It is highly possible that Kirito and Asuna decided to name their child Yuuki due to events in volume 7, Mother’s Rosario.

Third of all, her name essentially means “Princess Snow Black.” The black part probably comes from Kirito while the princess portion comes from her mother, Asuna. Asuna’s father is the CEO of the electronics company RECTO which manufactures fulldive products. Rich ojous of families are often called “princesses,” so Kuroyukihime bestowing this name upon herself isn’t too far fetched.

Fourth of all, in the seventh volume, Kirito invented some kind of camera at school which can capture real space and replicate it as virtual space and vice versa for the girl with AIDS, Yuuki . This sounds awfully similar to the neutral world in Brain Burst. Yuuki , the girl who died in the medicube testing, had a deep emotional connection with Asuna. So, with regard to what I said before for the naming of Kirito and Asuna’s child, Yuuki being Kuroyukihime’s real name and the daughter of the Kirito and Asuna is very, very possible.

Fifth of all, throughout the side stories and Mother’s Rosario, Kirito has a part time job in which he tests fulldive products in conjunction with quantum theory. In a side story, he actually traveled to the future and dueled with a level 5 Silver Crow and defeated him (it doesn’t specifically say that Kirito won since the quantum field ran out at the last minute, but please, Kirito is a badass). Kirito may have drawn inspiration from this battle and created Brain Burst as a result.

The things that don’t exactly match up are that Sky Raker in Accel World call Kuroyukihime “Saa-chan,” which is nowhere near the name of Yuuki unless Saa-chan is some kind of nickname. Another thing that doesn’t match up is that Kirito is technically dead in Alicization beginning since he was “killed” by a real life Laughing Coffin member. He fulldived without NERvGear into the “Underworld.” I’m not sure what this exactly entails, but from what I’ve read about other side stories post Alicization, Kirito’s harem travels into the Underworld to join/rescue him.

However, the similarities between the Underworld and the Accel World are numerous. A small amount of time in either area is an exorbitant amount of time in reality. In both places, there is an all out war between factions.

The only reason that I can come up with which explains the hate that Kuroyukihime harbors for Kirito would be that Kirito and Asuna both “abandoned” her to live in the Underworld. There may be other reasons in which they chose to live there that include being protectors of humanity or promise eternal life. The Underworld might even be heaven. Anyway, the only way that Burst Linkers in Accel World can meet the creators of Brain Burst is to reach the Underworld, which is possibly on a higher plane compared to the Accel World. As far as I know, that means achieving level 10 in the Accel World.

So ends my theory for linking the stories of SAO and AW together through the vehicle of Kuroyukihime.

Posted Image

I'm really trying hard right here, some help maybe?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sword art online, accel world, sao, controversy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users