79 replies to this topic

#1 BmJ

BmJ

A.E.M.

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi everyone~!

Now that CF2012 is over, we at Comic Fiesta would love to hear from all of you and the time you had at Comic Fiesta.
As an event run completely by volunteers, we pride ourselves on being a community-based event~ If you have any feedback, comments or suggestions you would like to share, do feel free do share them with us right here~

Whenever possible, please do following the following format...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
- <point>
- <suggestion>

Cons

- <point>
- <suggestion>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It will help us digest your comments better. Thank you guys so much~ =D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year~

For our Lost and Found thread, please go here: link

I used to be witty, then I took a meme to an appendage and now I'm just lame.

#2 hellsing

hellsing

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

epic epic epic epic hope to see more of you cf team you have out done your self this year and the obe before hope to see more of you and a thank you for every thing you did for us .

#3 jo525

jo525

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I wont be comment on the pros since is still gt a lot to improve.
the cons,
-We have to walk one BIG ROUND in order to reentry the hall,and is causes some of us might running in the rain in day 1 just to squeeze back into the hall
-Too many sponsor booth, it is hard to walk around freely, with so many people stop and browsing at goods, I hardly pass through crowds in order to get into doujin booth.Sometimes don't make it so big while you cant control the crowd.
  • Damien Reaper likes this

#4 blue6228

blue6228

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

It's my 1st time attending CF & I'm loving it but I wanted to comment on 1 cons,
- How come some booths are allow to sell bootleg/pirated figurines, I mean this is CF it's a big event. I only saw 2 booths that are selling original/genuine figurines.

#5 aoihakurei

aoihakurei

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Why not.

Pros
- Creative Art Market.
You guys handled this amazingly this year. Gave them a big area and all. Nothing much to say about it.
- Area Management
Really really good floor planning. The stage was really well placed near the end of the hall, Coffytiam put in a place that's easily accessible.
- Bless4
Thank you very much for bringing them to Malaysia.

Cons
- Stage was too commercialized.
While I understand you guys need sponsors to fund the event, I think giving them an area for them to have a booth is good enough. You guys should've given more space for the cosplay competitions, performances etc. The MCs were awesome as usual though.
- Exits.
Please, have more exits next year.
- Sound Management(?)
YMMV, but to me during performances the vocals sometimes get swallowed by the music, sometimes the other way around. Sometimes it was just simply too loud. Maybe get someone to monitor the sound during performances and adjust accordingly?

Maybe I'll add more once I remember, because I'm still having the post-event syndrome.

Edited by aoihakurei, 24 December 2012 - 01:49 PM.

• nerv, NekoFruit and NaviX like this

#6 Damien Reaper

Damien Reaper

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

The event was AWESOME! :D
Pros
-Large Hall
-More variety of items
-Awesome line of performers and guests
Suggestion
-Soon :P

Cons
-Ticketing line moves a weeee bit too slow. :s
-Trafic flow was awful.I couldn't go back to the entrance without a long walk :-/
Suggestion
-More ticket counters?

#7 Ryuuka

Ryuuka

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Pros:
It was huge :))

Cons:
Long queue for tickets....maybe it will be better if there are more ticket booths?
~Cosplay Wishlist '13~
Megurine Luka Matryoshka ver. -done!
Miki Sayaka (Puella Magi)
Oz Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
Kurapika (Hunter X Hunter)

#8 jleo0907

jleo0907

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Since it's my first time to Comic Fiesta i have no idea what improvement have you guys done.
However, for the cons:

The LINE!!! I can understand that there are tons of people there for the reason of the long queue, however you guys should have made more than a single line. You have lots of counter but only one line. that makes it very slow. Another thing is, when I was already close to the counter, there is like a zigzag barrier. There were staff which asked us to stick close to those barriers and leaving a huge space there for like no one. What I'm saying is, the barrier is taking a lot of space and it is unnecessary for it to be there, except for the ones separating the lane between the one with tickets and no tickets.

And, one more thing, why are there nude or inappropriate stuff selling there. I mean for adults might be fine but what about the young ones. And is it even allowed?
  • nerv and KwikSilver like this

#9 mingming

mingming

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hello everyone! :)

This was the first time I attend CF. Overall I'm satisfied because I'm too excited..hahaha..

Pros:
Good Event B)
Hope to see you guys again next year :D

Cons:
Please extend more days for online book for tix. :unsure:
Bigger hall maybe?so that everyone can move around comfortably. :-/

Tq and Congrats~ ^_^

*sorry for my bad english :blink:*

#10 ahliang141

ahliang141

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Pros
Doujin booth are nice, high quality, really love their works!

Cons
- i hate the layout of KLCC, one entry and one exit only, difficult to enter and get out, once moved to the end, difficult to move to the front again
(suggestion: don't put everything in a same hall, i mean u can have the stage in one hall/room, doujin booth in one hall/room, gaming area in another room, and so on...ppl can enter and leave the designated hall easily, and pls pls pls make more entry and exit)

- how come all the booths are selling bootleg products??
this is my first time attend and i expect there will be some famous brand's product like bandai, hasegawa, cospa, kotobukiya, original DVD from japan..... but i only saw those bootleg product here, even the GSC is only selling old product (are they here to clearing stocks?

- long queue for the ticketing
(suggestion: don't put the ticketing booth in front of the entry, this will block the ppl who have the ticket oledi to enter, u can even put the ticketing booth in more than one area to separate the queue, and perhaps next time pls allow ppl to pre-order the one day coupon too, as u can see the long queue are normally the ppl who wish to buy the one day coupon)

- too less guest lol, invite more pls, especially those seiyuu and artist

wow my comment is long :P

#11 Nicholas Chee

Nicholas Chee

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Comic Fiesta was astonishing! Though is was overall an awesome event it is not without flaws which I'll address below.

Pros:
- Merging KLCC Halls 4 and 5 was seamless and superb. I was wide eyed and extremely positive on Day 0/Zero when we're setting up our artbooth at 11pm.
- Lots of commercial booths to draw in the crowd. Fantastic colorful and interactive displays all over.
- Great to have Danny Choo himself, Culture Japan and Goodsmile Company around!
- Guest artist like Redjuice and Bless4 were superb!
- Organizing committee handled things well.
- Stage events were epic!
Suggestions:
- Bigger stage if possible next year. Even more epicness!

Cons:
- Random complains and frustrations from lots of customers that there are hall re-entry problems.
- Last minute announcement by somebody walking around handing out Saito College sponsorship on Day Two. The person said it was optional to display. So we didn't. Rumor has it that those artbooths who did not stick it made the committee angry and will not earn a place in CF2013? Is this true? :(
Suggestions:
- I hope things regarding sponsorship and details could be laid out as clearly as possible or as an announcement via PA system on Day One before 10am/ CF starts.

#12 KwikSilver

KwikSilver

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

So lets get this started

Pros
- GREAT guys! You solved the horrible crowd control from last year.
- BIG halls! great for BIG crowds. good, good.
- booth place is quite spacious. as a booth artist, i thank you for that
- crowd control! there was A LOT of people, and i see that it was handled quite well! the ticketing lines were well managed.
- Invited artists talk. and they are FREE! I enjoyed attending RedJuice's talk, and I thank you, with all my heart for that!

Cons
- ticketing could be better. the white dividers are a little bit unnecessary for the ticketing part; it takes some precious space that could've been good for the horrendous long line.
- should be more ticketing booth.
- i'm pretty sure the rules are a bit loose? there were people taking pictures of the booths like there's no tomorrow. They can't do that, last time I checked. Hmm. not good.
- sound system.
- i like to press on the sticker for the Saito College, that they sent out. They give us the sticker on the first day, but didn't say anything about you need to stick it anywhere (we didn't even know it was a sticker). The second time they come, and they were angry. I hope that part about not banning us from doing booth is false. this is scary :(

This isn't considered as a con, i think, but I would like to point out my disappointment that they don't give out free tickets to the 100 days countdown artists, I was looking forward to it. And unless I missed it, they didn't put up the artworks either. oh well. can't have everything. But it's fine! just my preferences.

And I don't mind the big turn around we had to do to re-enter the hall. that was necessary for such a big big crowd! It makes me uncomfortable, but it was okay. Still congrats on crowd control.

----

Conclusion: Amazing job you guys! this is the first in years that Comic Fiesta made it BETTER than last year!

#13 aoihakurei

aoihakurei

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Disclaimer : I am in no way affiliated with CF(maybe once I get older), just a fellow event goer, discussing in this thread.

And, one more thing, why are there nude or inappropriate stuff selling there. I mean for adults might be fine but what about the young ones. And is it even allowed?

From what I know, they are generally allowed, and is sold at their own discretion. Which is why those under 13 must be accompanied by adults. I think teenagers already know about those stuffs already anyway, and it's at the responsibility of themselves and their parents.

Bigger hall maybe?so that everyone can move around comfortably. :-/

I don't think the hall can get any bigger LOL

Cons
- i hate the layout of KLCC, one entry and one exit only, difficult to enter and get out, once moved to the end, difficult to move to the front again
(suggestion: don't put everything in a same hall, i mean u can have the stage in one hall/room, doujin booth in one hall/room, gaming area in another room, and so on...ppl can enter and leave the designated hall easily, and pls pls pls make more entry and exit)

- how come all the booths are selling bootleg products??
this is my first time attend and i expect there will be some famous brand's product like bandai, hasegawa, cospa, kotobukiya, original DVD from japan..... but i only saw those bootleg product here, even the GSC is only selling old product (are they here to clearing stocks?

- too less guest lol, invite more pls, especially those seiyuu and artist

wow my comment is long :P

They are all actually in separate halls. Only thing is that the halls are merged, instead of separate. I assume your main point was more entrances and exits, which I completely agree on.

Bootleg products, can't actually say much on that stuff. If you're careless enough to actually buy bootleg products and find problems/defects in them, it's your own fault.

As for guests, Comic Fiesta, unlike AFA is a completely volunteer-run event, so you can't really ask for too many guests, lest you want the ticket price to increase.(people complained a lot on just a RM5 increase in tickets from last year, which is completely unreasonable)
  • Mika-chan, Izumi Ishtar, coffeamilk and 3 others like this

#14 Lucia NeKOI

Lucia NeKOI

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Compared to last year, this year's CF was a really big improvement. Starting with

Pros:
- Crowd control problem from last year was solved. Great job!
-Spacious hall. Could move around freely now.
There's more but I can't think about anything else yet.

Cons:
- when entering the hall, I was really annoyed because most people decided to whip out their cameras and stand at the exhibitor Area to take photos of figurines. I had to squeeze through after not getting any response when I said:" Excuse me."

Suggestion: Make it possible for people to walk through the exhibitor area.

Still, It was a big improvement from last time!

#15 monk-ed

monk-ed

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Pros:
- Large halls
Good use of space and arrangement. I got around rather well.

- Entertaining stage
Good stage performances and MC, although, company profiles bore me.

- Plethora of items
So many things on sale. I have no money though...

- Good crowd and queue management
I have lots to say (to invite flame from crowd). But I held back.
Management did well, crowd dunno how to appreciate. All I have to say.

- Danny Choo
Because Danny Choo.
------------------------------
Cons:
- Cosplayers, posing for photos at doujin booth
You people are choking the traffic lol.

- UMvC3 was hidden
Rather secluded in a corner. Should have been at a more public place.

- Litterbugs!
Enough said.

- Volunteer do not know certain things
Well, could not blame them. Secret Santa was not advertised enough!
Which brings us to the next problem...

- Secret Santa was not advertised enough!
Enough said.
------------------------------
5 for 5. I'll leave this here :)
  • Izumi Ishtar likes this
Blue Pasta
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2 INT: 3 SPI: 2
HP: 20

#16 fadzreeq

fadzreeq

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Hye guys!

Long story short~

Pros
  • The crowd control, is getting better. probably because more space for people to que.
  • Spacious and even though it's along journey back and forth, I think it's worth it.
Cons

neh, no cons. just my mistake not to buy the pre-order ticket~

Suggestion(s)

May I suggest that since this is a COMIC fiesta, it should be related to comics generally right? Regardless of US, European, Hong Kong, China, Korea or even Malaysian comics, all have its own fan and i believe CF is the best place to gather all the fans around.

So my suggestion is that the CF committee should or may invite company/people that is related to the comics scene other than Japan. My suggestion is that try to invite shops that sells US comics for a change (try Comixtra at Section 14 Petaling Jaya, or the one that in Mid Valley Megamall). It's up to you and I know you have your own reason of things, but this is just a suggestion. Hope you guys can consider. Thanks!~

#17 suereya

suereya

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Pros
- Creative Art Market
I enjoy the arrangement of the doujin market. Space is wide enough for people to squeeze through (at least) unlike last year.

- Plenty of anime merchandises

- Good floor planning.
Placing the stage at the end of the halls was a good idea as you allowed the crowd to access it without blocking other people's way. Last year was terrible as they were lots of collision going from the people who wanted to see the stage and the people who were trying to see the booths. It was definitely a good improvement this year.

- Talks and Workshops
Even though I didn't attend the talks and workshops, I think it was a brilliant idea, inviting all these big people from the related industry really helps in exposing our local artists to be exposed to their creative process for a larger scale. CF is not only fun but also provide educational information and perhaps, future career opportunities.

Cons
- The ticketing queue.
I think it would be more effective to put the zigzag barrier inside the halls for those who are lining up to buy the tickets so that plenty of people do not have to wait outside for so long. I was quite bewildered on why you would need the zigzag barrier for those with early bird tickets as you can simply deal with them in one go since they already had their tickets. I was one of those with the early bird tickets and I was slightly annoyed that I STILL had to queue and walk along the barrier inside before I can enter.

- Gaming and Anime
While I do agree that anime and video games are somewhat related, I think it would be better if you can separate those two into different halls. I know that you guys had done it for the DOTA area but it's clearly not enough. I believe it would be more effective if you can put gaming in one big area and anime/manga in another so that crowds who are watching gamers played would not block those who are trying to go to the other sections.

- Have a proper place for gaming competition
I thought it was a bit inappropriate to place gamers who were playing SF and UMVC3 inside that dark (almost basement) room, it can get really crowded and nearly suffocating and the fact that there's only one small fan didn't help much with the situation either.

- Hosts gaming competition for both pros and non-pros players.
I think this is a good idea to gather more people to participate in the events. Because honestly, as a gamer, I'm rather disappointed by the lack of gaming participants. Prizes should be up par to the skills level of players. Depending on the prize, you may also put up an entry fee if you wish.

-Put more console gaming booths.
I know that DOTA is all the rage but console games deserved just as much attention as well. The lack of them disappoints me greatly.

But overall, I do enjoy CF2012 much better than last year and plan on going for the future years to come. Thank you so much for this wonderful event. I hope our feedbacks will help you all to plan and organize even better for the future.

#18 Baka Angel

Baka Angel

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Dota

Just FYI, Dota at hall 1 has nothing to do with CF :P
  • lord_kuching likes this
Daffodil Academy Student Details Character Name: Sakura Nanoko Year/Class: 3-B Club/Societies: Computer Club Skills:Observation, Calm, InvisibleWeakness: Cat, Hate people touching her hair. Inventory: A Laptop,A note book, A Cat PVP Mode: ON

#19 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • 1900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Pros:
- More space
- no more idiot KLCC management
- proper flow management

cons:
- time management
- EXITS. THEY ARE SO RARE.
- directional signs. They are rare pokemons
- dafuq is this maze lol
- delays.. delays everywhere.
- where are the effing trash cans?
- where are the security to prevent idiots from photoshooting/taking pics at the doujin area?
  • MisaoHoh, KwikSilver and fuyusuki like this
-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#20 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Erm, guys, the GSC booth is the very real GSC. I liaised personally with the staff from Japan for the matter.

#21 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Perhaps. CF are unaware of who is in charge and where the stock comes from--all we know is it is indeed the real GSC.

It would take real big balls to make an entire fake GSC booth when you're 10 feet away from Danny Choo most of the event.
  • Naoko Kensaku, crazystick, Kosmo and 1 other like this

#22 Kyress

Kyress

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Pros
- You guys managed to tame the crowds this year. I was expecting to see last year's crowded lines and halls but found hardly non. Grats.
- Placing the stage at the end of the hall was a genius move. That way people will be seeing everything that the hall has to offer considering they have to move from the ticket hall to reach the stage/doujin area.

Cons
100 days tickets
Why? Just why? These artist drew for the 100 Days Countdown, logically most of them are aiming for the free tickets. Then they find out that you're not giving out tickets? //frowns//

Exits
More exits and entry point, please and thank you.

The Doujin Area's Traffic Light
Why are there people taking pictures at the doujin area? Or anywhere with crowd for that matters. The hall is already packed with people as it is. Having to walk and then stop or go through crowds is hard enough without having to wait and step aside (politely) for those who wanted to take pictures.

Secret Santa
There was a Secret Santa?

Treasure Map
For your adventuring need. Maybe plastered on the wall at ticket hall or anywhere that's appropriate. I had to ask a volunteer as to where is [insert commercial booth name here] because I can't find it and is too lazy to navigate through crowds.

-----------------------

All in all, Good Job guys \(^w^)/ //give yourself a pat on the back//

#23 Yuecchi

Yuecchi

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yes. I do understand it is really GSC..GSC has a lot of branches, including Singapore and Shang Hai. I only emphasize on from Japan though ^^ Which means it's not the main HQ which is in Japan
Oh..just for my personal experience, that local shop which sells the figures got QC issue.
No offence :)

It is the GSC branch from Japan. One of the Nendoroid sets that was sold there (Nanoha Movie 2nd) could only be obtained from WonderFest Japan (and now selected online retailers at at least double the original price). Last I checked all the merchandise that are unsold are also shipped back to Japan. So uhm, yeah..

As per your issue with QC, if you checked there was a defect with the unit before you bought it, you could just easily have told them and they would have changed it for you with no extra charge. Just saying.
Posted Image#emina @ irc.rizon.net - Enter at your own peril.

#24 iruka92

iruka92

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

PROS :

1. Big halls, easier to move around
2. Big improvement in booths set up. It was nice to stop at one booth and admire items.

CONS :

1. Muttieffing stage is way up in the front. There's no way to move forward... I could only see them from afar. Perhaps next time LCDs should be placed somewhere so that other people could see what's going on.
2. Some nsfw work are too visible, not that I'm complaining but there are kids.
3. The ticketing line is too complicated.
4. Need more exits.

Well, it was the best CF I've been for the past few years. Good job to everyone! There's a lot of room for improvement. See you in CF 2013!
Posted ImageCurrently obsessing on : Hetalia, 1827, Skip Beat!

#25 MashiroMelo

MashiroMelo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

multiple entrance and exit should be more effective in term of trafficking.

#26 crazystick

crazystick

Comic Fiesta Committee

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Treasure Map
For your adventuring need. Maybe plastered on the wall at ticket hall or anywhere that's appropriate. I had to ask a volunteer as to where is [insert commercial booth name here] because I can't find it and is too lazy to navigate through crowds.

-----------------------

All in all, Good Job guys \(^w^)/ //give yourself a pat on the back//

errr there was a map. it was in the CF booklet iirc

crazystick

Sales & Finance
Says Youth Society | Comic Fiesta Committee

5b11b62d-c165-4f6a-9cc8-0668963e6abd_zps

#27 DinJerr

DinJerr

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

PROS:-
1) Very fast lines. That, or because I came in the afternoon of the second day where everyone that wanted tickets already had a ticket except for losers like me that still didn't have a ticket.
2) Sponsor booths - Artist booths - Stage. This arrangement is WIN and should be kept for years to come. Both the sponsor booths and stage are at opposite ends and thus did not start a shouting match with each other. Also the fact that the stage is on the other side ensures people will traverse back and forth between the artists alley, ensuring nobody gets stuck with an unstrategic "dead-end" booth.
3) Artists booth lanes are wide. This means the traffic doesn't get blocked every time someone decides to take a snap of cosplayers with artists booth as the background for some reason.
4) PA System didn't break eardrums. Don't deny this improvement kids.
5) MCs didn't break eardrums. Don't deny this either.
6) Venue is clean. Kudos to makcik sapu.
7) I didn't hear gangnam when I was there. Or maybe I was just lucky.

CONS:-
1) I didn't hear music when I was there. Or maybe I was just deaf.
2) Artists booth vendors weren't really that friendly. Geez, I know people don't like to be harassed when they browse your wares, but at least say 'Thank you for your time' if they do decide to just browse only. You're not making any friends with that muka monyok.
3) The opening intro animation. Style over substance?
4) The shady room... which turned out to be the UMvC room. Well, at least it's like a real shady arcade.
5) Book prices. Higher venue cost+crazier print quality means books with inflated prices. Kids nowadays immediately dismiss anything xeroxed as carp, which is quite sad.
6) I didn't see Ezel. So I can't prove whether he was doing his job or not. :P
  • chronozth likes this

#28 Pricey

Pricey

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

pre-order tickets were awesome! I got the confirmation email really really late though ... the pre-order queue was also pretty confusing. the rest was all good, though i totally forgot about the secret santa since i didn't seem to spot the counter(?).

the exit banner is pretty cute too. and i didn't get stepped on despite wearing slippers!

aposekari @ comicfiesta '13

pricechiani-SG

#29 Pricey

Pricey

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

oh yeah my friend commented that some of the booths in the artists' alley weren't selling doujin goods or even art at all. they had like pouches (plain designs), some rings (flowers, no images), and patterned notebooks (looks like can buy on the net instead). with so many on the booth waiting list, maybe there should be more moderation... it is an ACG convention after all.

aposekari @ comicfiesta '13

pricechiani-SG

#30 D.M. Jewelle

D.M. Jewelle

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Pros
- Spacious doujin area, but more people came so I still had to squeeze, but that's okay.
- Massive quality hike in doujin. First time I had to practise selective shopping!
- More space to hang out whereever without getting thrown out.
- Helpful volunteers who helped me wear my bracelet. <3

Cons
- None of the doujin booths are numbered, which was a problem when I wanted to go to a specific booth and get something. Yeah great map I want to go to Bxx here I am at row B but all these people standing around hey doujin booth owner are you <doujin group name>? Oh you're not? Sorry, I couldn't see your group name anywhere...
Suggestion: Consider giving antenna...pole...thingies that display the booth number (Bxx, it shouldn't take up more than an A4 size paper). Ideally it should be visible from 5 metres away. If SS2's Medan Selera's stall can display their numbers in large letters, so can CF.

- On Day 1 I was redirected to a new entrance for early birds, missed the entrance, asked around, then backtracked to the huge group passing through the main door. Just seemed a little messy.
Suggestion: Paper signs along the barricades to prevent overshooting would've been fine.

- On Day 2 the tickets/nonticket queues suddenly merged and I had to ask (again) to find out there were actually two lines. Had to cut into my line feeling very sheepish. By the time I reached the volunteer reminding everyone there were two lines, it would've been a bit too late to move to the right line, and I'd annoying everyone else who got into the right line at the beginning.
Suggestion: Place the volunteer a bit further down the line, and give him a bullhorn. It's not nice to make a man yell all morning.

- It's fine to have one big entrance, not so fine to have ONE exit. Not when it takes 10-15 minutes to get from one hall to the next when all you want to do is meet a friend outside, say hi, then go back in to your other friends...I'll admit I snuck out whereever I could for convenience's sake. Also, not good for emergency evacuations what with 2 (very full) halls and all. PCFair can get away with this because people rarely reenter the hall if at all. CF...not so much.
Suggestion: Bite the bullet and have more exits. This should not be a CF tradition.

- I'm okay with taking pics of cosplayers at doujin booths (you may just lose the cosplayer in the crowd and never see them again), just not at peak hours. Maybe like 430 PM onwards when there's much less people around. CF comms can only do so much with this, it can only be left to the good sense of the public.
  • chronozth likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CF2012, comments, feedback, suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users