79 replies to this topic

#31 rikimtasu

rikimtasu

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Pros
- Danny Choo to come! that is one of my reason to come here.
- Pretty free to walk anywhere without dump stuff happening
- Creative Art Market are fun too,that pretty much made what cf are.
-early bid ticket are very easy to claim,which is a good thing too!

Cons

- the ssf4 and mvc3 place...aren't quite good.
-Kind of wish there are more exit so i can at least leave much faster,thought it is making sense for crowd control.
-not that i really mind to have local shop,but somehow i wish there are more choice on the stuff to buy.

suggestion
-Have more choice on better game,rather then tons of local MMO booth agian,i don't mind company like wargaming.net but having like 4/5 local MMO booth isn't quite my taste at least.
-Keep it up with the artist choice,may be some anime character designer or artist like huke?

#32 D.M. Jewelle

D.M. Jewelle

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

PROS:-
7) I didn't hear gangnam when I was there. Or maybe I was just lucky.

I was very disappointed there was no gangnam! Where is CF's time-honoured tradition of overplaying popular music! :(

6) I didn't see Ezel. So I can't prove whether he was doing his job or not. :P

I saw him running around many times, so I can vouch for this. XD

#33 NakajimaSeiki

NakajimaSeiki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Pros : too much too listed, i juz love this year's Comic Fiesta, so looking forward to next year's :D
Cons : only 1 thing : the exit and entrance :P (sometimes multiple hall spaces may result in long walking lol)

#34 Ellie Fukawa

Ellie Fukawa

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

-Keep it up with the artist choice,may be some anime character designer or artist like huke?

Huke rarely show his face during interview and he always use the box as a disguise...I don't think Huke would really come to these public event :P

Facebook : Aoi Fuyumi

Support Malaysia Nendoroid Community~ : Nendomoe

tumblr_mtvylr53LF1sj5d32o1_400_zpsab8b4c

#35 MaX

MaX

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

I usually don't comment on the feedback thread after CF every year but this year I feel compelled to.

Pros:
- Doujin Booths: More space for doujin booth owners to sit and more space at walkways for people to browse without blocking others who were walking through. Also, booths were placed sufficiently far away from stage so didn't lose hearing this time around and could interact with customers without having to shout. =) Also, providing table cloths for the booths was a nice touch.

- Crowd Control: Despite the long line outside, it was moving rather fast (coz I got lost in that line while trying to reenter the hall, more on that later).

- Hall Arrangement: Sponsor Booths leading to Doujinshi Booths leading to Stage Area was brilliant. And the displays for the 100 Days Countdown artworks doubling up as sound barriers? Genius.

Cons:
- The Saito sticker: This is more of a concern than a complaint mainly because almost all the booth owners were unprepared/uninitiated for this. We did receive the Saito sticker inside our CF Event Booklet (which was given to us later in Day 1 after we set up our booths, I wonder why they couldn't have given it to us during registration but oh well) and we weren't told on what to do with it. So, when we were approached by a person on Day 2 (who I assumed was a CF helper) if we had the sticker (no) and if we could let him stick the optional 'Sponsored by Saito' sticker on our booth, we were quite blur but allowed him to do so anyway. I think most booth owners would appreciate it if ample explanation was given before the event on why we should display the sticker at our booth instead of being told to do so on the event day itself.

- The Secret Santa: I heard the emcees talking about it and encouraging people to participate in it from the stage but I had no idea prior to this that such a thing was happening. I think it may have been highlighted in the forum but judging by the response, perhaps more advertising should be in order if such a thing is taking place again next year.

- Exiting/Reentry: I had to go out of the hall to pick up a friend on Day 1, so I had to find the exit with I thought wasn't very prominent (but still managed to find without directions)...but the problem started after I found my friend and wanted to reenter the hall. It's not very obvious where people who want to reenter the hall should line up/go to (despite the huge signs with Coffy going 'I has ticketz' and Tea going 'I no has ticketz', which didn't really help much) so I had to ask the staff/committee around the area on how to reenter. They were really helpful though! Only thing is that they were moving the barriers as people were lining up to buy tickets or reenter the hall so things got a little messy. Still, it was handled rather well.

In case you're wondering, I had a great time at Comic Fiesta 2012 and it's definitely one of the BEST iterations of Comic Fiesta I've attended so far! (P/S: I have been attending it every single year since 2003) The Cons section looks longer than the Pros section but that's only because I think some elaboration on why things went wrong would be more helpful than telling them what they did right (which can be summed up much more easily!).

I loved the quality of merchandise sold at the Artist Alley/Doujinshi Booths this year, so kudos to everyone who opened a booth this year!

It's been a great Comic Fiesta this year, with some minor hiccups along the way but hey, with an event of this scale it's already a feat that everything went relatively smoothly! Keep up the good work guys and gals of the committee, and keep the event going strong!

#36 Jun

Jun

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

Pros:

Crowd control :- Better than last year and I at least get to enjoy CF better and not get the mood killed by being caged up. :P/>
Guest Artists: Just because they're pretty awesome as!!

Not gonna say much on the pros, the event was -almost- entirely good.

Cons:
Exists and re-entry: I find this quite inconvenient as to meeting up with people. I probably wouldn't mind as much going a big turn around to find exits and figuring out where to re-enter (at all) if I wasn't sick. Lol. But anyway, with my lack sense of direction even, I got lost finding my way in and out, even giving directions to my friends that came for the first time. The 'No entry' sign was a bit confusing too, since seeing ppl enter through it, I wonder what shouldnt or cant re-enter from there?? I really really do hope that this would change, and I hope you guys could open/add more exits and re-entries doors.

#37 morgana

morgana

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I would like to say in defence of the cosplayers, there are alot of us who want to browse the doujin booths and the commercial area. However, many people end up asking us to take photos. Sometimes we can't refuse and once you start taking one, suddenly there's a whole crowd snapping away at you. We also want to browse the goods in peace >_< Me and my friends ended up running away while in halls 4 and 5 before more people could come and try to take a photo lol
Cosplay list 2012
Spoiler

#38 Baka Angel

Baka Angel

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:13 AM

I would like to say in defence of the cosplayers, there are alot of us who want to browse the doujin booths and the commercial area. However, many people end up asking us to take photos. Sometimes we can't refuse and once you start taking one, suddenly there's a whole crowd snapping away at you. We also want to browse the goods in peace >_< Me and my friends ended up running away while in halls 4 and 5 before more people could come and try to take a photo lol

you can always move to a place which is less people(not blocking traffic) / not artist booth place / request them to wait.

Or just simply reject coz doujin booth suppose to be a non-photography area.

But yea.. I know many of them didnt read the rule and just blindly shoot photos everywhere.

I blame myself T_T
  • chronozth and nicklausyap like this
Daffodil Academy Student Details Character Name: Sakura Nanoko Year/Class: 3-B Club/Societies: Computer Club Skills:Observation, Calm, InvisibleWeakness: Cat, Hate people touching her hair. Inventory: A Laptop,A note book, A Cat PVP Mode: ON

#39 Scarlet S. Crowles

Scarlet S. Crowles

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hello. This year is my second year attending Comic Fiesta and my first time as a Cosplayer.
First and foremost,

The Pros.

- Increasing the Halls
THAT was a really gigantic improvement. More space, more merchandise, more joy. :lol:

- The Doujinshi booths
AWESOME. The booths there were such success that I have to surpress the urge to not buy all the merchandises in each of the booths. HOWEVER, there were some flaws.

- Culture Japan
Free goodies. (Y) Showcase (Y) Love it.

- Area Arrangement
It was great but needed some adjustments.

- Ticket Price
Reasonable, affordable. People shouldn't complain on such a trivial thing as an additional of just 5 MYR when they can afford a DVD which costs over 50 MYR :dodgy:

The CONS

- Cosplayers
No, I am not talking bout the cosplayers, in fact, they were really cooperative. Instead, it's the KLCC management that pissed most of us off. On Day 2, early morning, we were making up in AND outside of the washroom below the convention hall, near the food court. WE WERE SCOLDED like a bunch of kindergarten kids, by a disciplinary teacher. Then, WE WERE CHASED OUT by the SECURITY GUARD and just so you know, we didn't even hog/ block the toilet. Any normal person can just go in and come back out without any squeezing or discomfort (that is, unless you dislike Anime/ Cosplayers and so you decided to complain to the customer service centre). Moreover, WASHROOMs are NOT ONLY FOR emptying bowels, IT ALSO SERVES as a place for a Female to complete their MAKE-UP. Oh, so we're in weird costumes and you have to chase us out?! (This really isn't a question). This leaves a bad memory. True Story. :angry:

- The lines
Yea, the line actually got wayyy faster then last year but the walking, just got wayyy tiring somehow. I have just exited less then 3 minutes to meet a friend and hand her the Early Bird Ticket. which btw, did no different from the Normal ticket, which you can purchase right there, And I have to walk all the way to the elevator in Hall 5 (if I've not mistaken) and walk back in all the darn way in killer Heels (cosplay). We actually did it right in front of the Guards. :dodgy:

- The Ticket
As I said, Early bird tickets and On-The-Day Tickets, no dif except, the physically obvious color. Early Birds should own the privilege to get the hell in faster and spare all that useless walking.

- Exits Anyone?
Only one exit? And it's all the way at the end? Are you seriously kidding me? :huh:

- Photographers
Some photographers blocks the road simply because they are focusing on which angle of the booth they want to snap. Booths are allowed to have their photos taken without permission? Moreover, if they wanted to snap a pic of the booth, and the owner allows it, they SHOULD MAKE IT SWIFT. This goes to the Cosplayers as well, you shouldn't block that narrow passway between the booths by posing and have your pics taken there. I know it's difficult to reject someone's request but please understand that it's already hard enough to pass as it is. :-/

- The Gamers area (Vanguard and et cetera...)
I have a feeling that it should be placed after an exit, like the stage area. Because it's one of the main reason for difficul passage caused by the audiences who so faithfully stood and watch the games. If the that area is moved to the end, for those who really loved games, they would be there. For those who don't really understand it, it'll be easier for them to pass. Resulting additional comforts to both parties. :)

- The Queue
The long little white maze was a little unnescessary actually. :shy:

- Ticketing Counter
More should be opened

- Stage
More events? Stage games should be added. Sound system management needed to be attuned.

I have given such a long and tedious speech. Sorry for my language. Even without foul words, I sounded foul tempered. I really am not. Just hope to give a more meticulous feedback and comment on improving CF. You guys already did a very awesome job. I believe it's strenuous and I do hope you guys will continue your effort as we all vastly support this event from going on every year. ;)

#40 dias

dias

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Here's my take on the whole event as an artbooth artist;

Pros:
1. Fast and better artbooth management. Good job, Grace!
2. Wide spaces for us to move around and for our customers and friends to move around as well.
3. Awesome awesome guests this year!

Cons:
1. CF Goodies. We didn't receive the goodies on Day 1, in fact we only received it on Day 2 (like for what purpose? We basically don't need it already. I needed the booklet to see the schedule and layout and stuff but I figured everything out on Day 1 without it)
2. Saito College sponsorship sticker. Ahh...the infamous one. I read some of the comments that they received it on Day 1. Well, we received it on Day 2 in the afternoon. They said to stick it anywhere on the table because the Saito sponsored the booth...excuse me? We, artbooth artists PAID the table ourselves. Don't get me wrong, we did stick it on our table. It's advisable for the person who gave out the stickers to say that Saito sponsored the event, instead of the table. Good effort nonetheless. I understand how tiring it could be.
[Ezel: The cost on our end for the raw space for each doujin booth is close to RM400, excluding other logistical costs. That means for each booth we sell, Comic Fiesta loses close to at least RM300+. Corporate support helps us to reduce the burden for art booths. Regardless, the sticker issue will be looked into.]
3. Lack of staff committee around doujin area. Like I said, we didn't receive the goodies on Day 1 so I just wanted to ask about it. I was informed this is due to lack of volunteers?
4. Irrelevant cosplayers? What's up with sexy female santa chicks? This is an ACG event, not some dress up costume party. I believe this is one of the things that contributes to the society looking down on us. I know it's nearly Christmas but Comic Fiesta is Comic Fiesta. It's not Comic Fiesta cum Christmas Party.
[Ezel: actually I think you saw some League of Legends cosplayers--they have a few Christmas-themed costumes that look like Santarinas. Other points are noted.]

Suggestions:
1. Get more volunteers. Provide better benefit for them so they'd feel it's worth to work without pay. (Like private get together session with invited artists?)
2. Actually, I don't mind cosplayers taking pictures near the doujin booth. I like watching them pose for the camera :D And sometimes the cosplayers are the artbooth artists themselves so they might need that photos taken to promote their booth. Since this rule is broken every year, maybe the committee could just forget about this?
3. About the irrelevant cosplayers...hmm...please reinforce strict rules next year :)

Overall, it's gotten better and awesome. The cons I listed are just small matter but not easily forgotten.

#41 selenaloong

selenaloong

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hello!! I was one of the Booth artist- 漫缘, I would like to represent my team to thank you all CF'ers!!

Thank you for providing such awesome booth location for us!!!
Everyone able to drop by and look at our goods!!! My friends and i had so much fun in CF!!!!!

THIS YEAR IS SO MUCH FUN COMPARED TO LAST YEAR DUE TO LESS RESTRICTION, THANK YOU SO MUCH CF AND KLCC!!!!
  • Naoko Kensaku likes this

#42 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Gonna put my two cents here, but I'll focus more on suggestions rather than list out the pros and cons. Since I'll be biased, considering I'm part of the long line of old helpers.

Suggestions:

1. Like others had said, have more exits. Preferably if in the future we're still implementing the similar layout of separating the halls into Ticketing, Exhibitors and Doujin/Stage. It's alright if wanna keep the one entrance but if the route towards the entrance are out in open, set up an alternative route that visitor could use to get back into the event. Knowing Malaysian weathers and we always had the monsoon season this time of the year, can't really not take this into consideration. We may use the entrances that are used for exhibitors and comm staff, but only allowing visitor to leave through it.

2. More signages. Because of reasons. And for signages about entrances/exits for comms/exhibitors; please instead of saying only people with tags can enter, say that only exhibitors/CF staff can enter. Since I noticed a lot of people confused about that (thinking that 'tags' meaning their wristbands)

3. Last year due to that lockdown issue, we had that ruling about no photography in the main halls. Personally, I feel we should still implement that ruling because that was among the main reason event halls get too crowded (due to wall of photogs/posing cosplayers). Well, maybe not completely disallowing photography in main halls but disallowing it in areas that are prone to be crowded. Might also be good to ban people from gathering in one spot for too long, since I saw plenty during both days and they do block people's paths.

4. I liked the barriers that lead towards the ticketing booths. PLEASE KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!! The one used this year was just fine as it is, as we should also consider visitors bringing big props or costumes. Smaller lanes might not be feasible.

5. We should really put up signs about No Littering/No leaving your messes/No cutting your wigs/etc around the event hall especially in the free area that cosplayers are expected to use to hang around/loiter. Because apparently unless we spell it out to them, people would not clean up by themselves. Even if the event venue has cleaners, they are not servants that need to clean the cosplayers' mess! Having some felynes to watch over them to make sure they do may also be a plus.

6. Reading all the fuss about booklets.... perhaps we should just separate the booklets and the goodiebags and not put the booklets in the goodie bags.

I think that's about it.
  • Naoko Kensaku likes this

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#43 KouHisana

KouHisana

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Some of the point is actually both pro and con, so don't wanna categorize them ><

Queue (Pre-order / with Tickets)
- the maze is good, before 12pm. It made sure the queue is well-organized.
- it's a hassle to go through the maze for re-entry, perhaps we can turn the maze into a single/double lane after 12pm?
- Those who pre-ordered their tickets have to queue up while letting those who have their tickets pass.. That doesn't seems fair, but the crews and space for ticketing counter in limited. So.. Understandable..

Early-bird tickets / Normal tickets
- There's not much different between them. Supposedly those with normal tickets can only enter at 10.30am (am I right?), but all of them can enter at 10am on Day 02.
- However, it is impossible (it's really hard) for the crew to separate them, unless you want them to make MORE maze

Exits and Entrances (+Reentry)
- The possible reasons why they placed only one exit at the last hall (Hall 5) and entrance on the first hall (Hall 2) is too make sure that it is more organized and hoping that more people can pass though the doujin area. If there's an exit at hall 4, most people will just go out from there, leaving the doujin area "empty?"

Gaming Area
- it's crowded.. Perhaps locate them to a bigger space(?) <- doesn't sounds logic, larger space means even pricey

Hall 3
- The cosplayers start building their "village" there and the "emptiness" made first-timers think that "What!? I just bought the ticket. And that's the end!?" kind of feeling (and I met a few when I was stationed in front of Hall 3)
- Suggestion: maybe some small booths will make Hall 3 even cheerful-er

Ticket price
- Fair enough, I can't complain more about the ticket price. KLCC is a strategic location
- Perhaps more early bird tickets? (20,000 is way too little ><)

Secret Santa & Side Quest
- Sounds really exciting but I think most of the visitors do not know about that
- Suggestion: Prepare a small column in the booklet

Information & Booklet
- More information, more booklets (it's not enough)
- Too many advertisements in the booklet (though that's the way to get fund and sponsorship)
- We need ore useful information (some small details about this and that)

Goodies bag
- Limited, that's point (if it's not limited, it won't precious)
- but the content... perhaps getting some snack sponsors?

Bless4
- the concert is AWESOME!!
- Some of the visitors have no idea about the the concert (it was not stated in the booklet schedule and they were chased out after 7.30pm for stage preparation/sound check so some of them actually assume that the Day 01 had ended.)
- On the other hand: Stage preparation / sound-check is definitely necessary and they need to barricade the doujin area
- Suggestion: Chase the visitors out while telling them about the concert?
I just wanna sell off my costumes & wigs.. orz

#44 Spectreoutreach

Spectreoutreach

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Just one , can we just buy e-ticket on our mobile and pay thru paypal or e-banking and just show e-ticket on our mobile instead?

#45 sabrinaxuanxuan

sabrinaxuanxuan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

PROS: 1. big space, good thing using continuously few halls for spacing :)
2. you guys invited super duper awesome people like Danny Choo and Redjuice. I thank you for that :)

CONS: 1. the lane in between left and right stalls is a little too cram
2. might as well put up a sign at the zigzag lane stating that is the way to the counter. It was my first time at CF this year, and I was a little
confused about the route because many cosplayers were crowded at one corner so I mistook that area for the entrance.
3. exits. please give us another one next year QwQ
4. the gaming stalls are giving us some problems to reach the Creative Art Market area. its too crowded. might as well put all the gaming stalls
at a specific corner.

P.S: hope you can continue to hold future CFs in KLCC. This place is the best place for any convention to be held. People from Singapore or other countries can navigate the location easily if they wanted to attend. and thanks for bringing Danny Choo :)

#46 Silencers

Silencers

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hey guys, stage manager here. Please don't forget to give your feedback about event flow, sound system, video projection, performers and song selections. Especially the bands and musicians. They need to know your feedback too :)

PS: I tried very hard to avoid playing Gangnam Style this year. You're welcome.
The Silent Room - Simple Thoughts, Simple Words
Follow me on Twitter! - @tenoq
Listen to me on radioEMiNA(beta), Fridays, 10pm onwards!

#47 fapping_cat

fapping_cat

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hey guys, stage manager here. Please don't forget to give your feedback about event flow, sound system, video projection, performers and song selections. Especially the bands and musicians. They need to know your feedback too :)

PS: I tried very hard to avoid playing Gangnam Style this year. You're welcome.

I am incensed that some random performance group went and played Malay songs during their performance! This is Comic Fiesta and the songs should only be in Japanese!

Also some of the videos are NOT in widescreen 16:9. Which era are you in?

#48 Ellie Fukawa

Ellie Fukawa

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Regarding the GSC issue, I would like to apologize for making false statements and inappropriate assumptions. I've apologize to the owner of TFM.
I already deleted the post.
Please do not forward the post as I shall not hold any responsibilities upon these false statements.
I would like to get some help from the moderators to edit the post of the other members which forward a part of my comments, please? :)
Thank you so much and I sincerely apologize for the fuss I made.

Facebook : Aoi Fuyumi

Support Malaysia Nendoroid Community~ : Nendomoe

tumblr_mtvylr53LF1sj5d32o1_400_zpsab8b4c

#49 _yuca

_yuca

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've only been for a few times, so not much points, and some should be vague.

PROS:
1. Kinda liked the doujin booths, personally I find there's more content that I want to buy than last year.
2. CJ and GSC booth
3. Ticket queue. No, I didn't mean the super long queue of 16546819687654 people, but how CF manages to maximize the area in the hall by making it a zig-zag shape.
4. Redjuice and bless4. Didn't manage to join bless4 show, but it's nice bringing good artists w

CONS:
1. Bootleg merchandises/DVDs as usual. Not complaining much since I actually spent on a wall scroll
2. Gaming section. I'm certain there are people who don't want to go tho the section and spectate. Another problem is a lot people are watching the matches that it hogs the queue. My suggestion is to put them exclusively in a different hall (I know it would cost more)
3. NSFW works, should be less visible. I do see some families with their little children. I don't think a parent would like their children see NSFW stuff
4. Didn't hear music, guess I'm deaf or I'm too occupied.
5. Lack of counters. IIRC there are only about 4 counters when there are tons of people. Might get more to clear up queue faster

Oh well
E0zZXhA.pngwmSqDBR.png

#50 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I came a bit late so i won't be able to give a full feedback, but here's what i notice

pros:
-gap between doujin booths are really spacious compared to CF in the previous years. I don't think it's a huge problem to take photos of cosplayers there anymore unless you intentionally block the area.
- being able to buy food inside the halls is great and it looks more spacious
- I didn't get to see bless4 on Saturday night but at least I could see them perform a bit on Sunday. Kudos for the 'free' concert. And agree with yuca for bringing in redjuice although I'm not a fan.

cons:
- while the doujin booths area is fine, the sponsor booths were rather cramped and it's the hardest to move around there. I didn't even get the chance to visit each one cos it was too packed. The area felt like some kind of bottleneck road.
- Wish there were more exits. They could've put one near or at Hall 3. Sometimes we bought tickets for our friend who'll be coming a bit late, and the moment they arrive we're somewhere in the middle of the crowd and had to swim through them just to get to the end of the hall. Better if we can go in and out of the halls to the corridor outside instead of exiting completely, then restart from the beginning like you have no 'autosave' w.
- I'm a little upset with the schedule. Maybe I'm used to seeing cosplays competitions late in the afternoon but I missed them this year since it was in the morning. Instead we got some lulz karaoke competition at 5pm. i missed the best parts so I can't go home feeling super satisfied (i understand this is partially my fault but still ;___; )

suggestions for future events (not really demanding it but oh well)
- more anisong artists
- seiyuus!
- more anime/video game artists
- invite anime directors etc

overall it was incredibly ok, definitely better than the dramu in KLCC we had last year. pretty epic 10th anniversary with Danny Choo in CF. Keep up the good work!

#51 memeranglaut

memeranglaut

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hi guys.

#1 CF lurker here.

I have a couple of pretty pictures that i want to share with you guys, especially the ones who complained about the lines:

Exhibit #1, Comic Fiesta, circa 2012
Posted Image

See that line? that white line? It represents a double-file that CF used in their system outside of the hall.

Now keep that in mind, and let me break your mind, and your computer screen:

Exhibit #2, Comiket, Circa 1998-2012
Posted Image

This is comiket circa 1998-2012.

An event that inspired Comic Fiesta.

See those white boxes? Remember when i said a single LINE is a double-file line?

There you go.

Oh, some pretty pictures to accompany the white lines as well.

So to whomever complained about the lines in ComicFiesta, you never have been to Comiket before.

Also, lining up is civilised.

The japanese can do it, so can we.

Also guys - see those yellow boxes? that is the size of hall 4 and 5 combined, and quadrupled.

And that is the venue for Comiket's doujin booths.

So artists - congrats and you know you are on the right track.

May Comic Fiesta be as big as Comiket one day!

p.s. Just so you know, there is a scale on the bottom corner of the pictures.

Yes, its THAT big.

I know, because those photos, i took it when i was there last year.

Toodles.

p.s.s Edited for proper line length

Attached Files

• edo, coffeamilk, fuyusuki and 1 other like this

#52 Baka Angel

Baka Angel

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Suggestions:
1. Get more volunteers. Provide better benefit for them so they'd feel it's worth to work without pay. (Like private get together session with invited artists?)
2. Actually, I don't mind cosplayers taking pictures near the doujin booth. I like watching them pose for the camera :D And sometimes the cosplayers are the artbooth artists themselves so they might need that photos taken to promote their booth. Since this rule is broken every year, maybe the committee could just forget about this?
3. About the irrelevant cosplayers...hmm...please reinforce strict rules next year :)

Thx for your suggestion.
1. For the volunteers, of course we DO always wanted to have more volunteers. Offer like private get together session with invited artists is quite hard to achieve (not impossible but rarely) because still the artists have their own schedule and security issues too. And honestly, the volunteer has been given free access to all the entire hall and other benefits =) But yea. we need more volunteers :Cheers:
2. The purpose for marking doujin area is a non-photography area is just basically to NOT block the traffic flow and some copyright issue for the merchandise. One of the reason of they not being stopped is because we are running out of manpower. Problem leads back to No.1
3. There are Guideline for the cosplayers. Howeveer, if you look at the scales of cosplayers vs crews, I believe you got the answer in your mind already.

^^ Join the crew next year ! :cool:
  • dias, chronozth and lord_kuching like this
Daffodil Academy Student Details Character Name: Sakura Nanoko Year/Class: 3-B Club/Societies: Computer Club Skills:Observation, Calm, InvisibleWeakness: Cat, Hate people touching her hair. Inventory: A Laptop,A note book, A Cat PVP Mode: ON

#53 Buuum

Buuum

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Pros
-art booths
*the path space is enough
*cleanliness:
as booth keeper, im so sorry that i can't keep the area clean enough. i think it's better to provide us some rubbish bags or even brooms. thanks to the cleaning staffs T_T

Cons
-Stages/Shows/Talk ETC
AWESOME. ahahaha.
the stage lay out is great.
but, in the back of the sitting folks, peoples are standing, so someone please instruct them to sit down orz

-Halls
*PEEPO, KEEP CLEAN
at first almost all of the people throwing off their wristband sticker over the floor*grrr*. but then when i walked pass, i saw so many Dust Bins!and Clean Floor*sparkle* ahhaaaha thumbs uppp. dust bin is so important.

-Cosplayers
they are flowing into the shopping mall area \(ಠ_ಠ)/

now put off these feedbacks, i totally enjoyed this year's cf ಠvಠ!!

#54 reinselft

reinselft

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Pro

1. the doujin booth area is well arranged this year. adequate walking space for the booth owners and for the visitors (although might be jammed up whenever someone is taking pictures)

2. i personally liked the sponsor booths -> doujin booths -> stage layout

Con

1. i was in the second block of booths away from the stage and the events happening on-stage were basically inaudible for me. the only time I could hear anything was the musical performances and only because they were SHOUTING, not singing :/

2. lack of signage. yes, there is a basic map in the booklet but some on-the-spot signage would be helpful in directing ppl to where they want to go. Plus, the doujin booth numbers were hidden UNDER THE TABLECLOTH, we had a lot of confused visitors asking what row is this.

3. as for the event booklet/Saito sticker, why weren't they given out to booth owners when we came and collected tags on the first day? Maybe you guys did give out to some, but our booth only received ours on DAY 2. as for the confusion for the Saito sticker, the artbooth comm should have EXPLAINED in a prior email (pls display the sticker since reasons etc) I personally didnt mind when CF Helper dude came by to stick the stickers, only after he explained why.

4. artbooth comm..... I'm not pleased with how they handled things this year.
the complete booth map/info was only released to owners 3 days before the event.
the artbooth info thread @ forum was not updated and questions were left unanswered for 3 months. (Sep-Nov no replies from comm member)
they did not answer to questions on FB, instead other ppl not working for CF answered on their behalf
If the same ppl are handling artbooths for CF 2013, I HOPE YOU GUYS IMPROVE. Worst management I have ever come across in my years of having a booth at CF.

5. inadequate information flow across official outlets. CF has three info outlets; the site/forum, twitter account and Facebook page. From what I've seen this year, you guys love to update the FB page but leave out your twitter/forums. Not everyone follows the FB account. Kind souls on twitter were retweeting the FB links instead, not the CF account mind you.

suggestions/summary

- more signage at eyelevel. I know u guys had a huge EXIT banner up on the ceiling, but sometimes ppl dont look up. Or down for that matter. (I mean, we have ppl asking how much does X item cost eventho I already marked stuff with pricetags.) Directional signs for directing traffic flow would have been nice too.

- noticable signs for the doujin booths. It would make locating certain rows/booths easier.

- artbooth comm.... u really shouldn't have abandoned the info thread for 3 months. Even if u can't answer our questions, a simple response "we will get back to you" IS BETTER THAN NO RESPONSE AT ALL.

- if u cant provide booth owners with the event booklet on the first day, I'd suggest you provide a simple photocopy of the map instead? at least we wouldn't get lost during setup.

- the confusion with the Saito sticker rly could have been avoided if u emailed us beforehand

- doujin booth layout and numbers were only given 3 days before the event <- I can't accept this at all. In prev years, the latest we got that info was end of Nov. Not only it was so last minute -this year-, no excuse was given. Sorry if I sound harsh, but this will be my bone to pick when it comes to CF2012. pls improve on this.

- pls consider using crossposting functions/apps when updating your social media.

#55 beyinbe

beyinbe

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Pros
-I really like the way Hall 4 and Hall 5 were merged /thumbsup
-Very spacious which is a huge improvement to last year
-Another thumbsup for the arrangement of sponsors->doujin->stage
-While some commment that one entry/exit point is not enough, in my opinion things might get more messy with more entrance/exit

Cons (mostly art booth related...)
-Information threads on forum are not as updated as Facebook
-I wanted to purchase earlybird tickets, which I was linked to the forum from the official site page, but the thread did not mentioned that tickets were sold out until I emailed
-While I understand that Facebook is popular but I find it difficult to track down previous posts (unlike forum threads)

-Can't really hear what's happening on the stage from doujin area

-I know this is inevitable especially in the doujin area, but the moment cosplayers stopped for one person to take photographs, there will be A LOT more people stopping and take photos, thus blocking the entire path

-Guidebook was not given together when I collected our booth tags
-No identification was done when collecting booth deposit (just suggesting, you guys might want to sort the booth list based on their booth numbers so it's easier for you to find? It doesn't seem alphabetical nor numerical)

-When I first arrived on Day 1, I didn't know where I should go for booth owners, until I followed someone in
-There's only signs for ticketing queues but not for booth owners

-The booth numbers are hidden under the table cloth, so the map in the guidebook doesn't really help allocating them

-Art booth committee is not being responsive, they NEVER replied to my emails
-I understand that we all have a job/being student, but a late response at least wouldn't hurt?

-Um, more trash bins in the halls please?

----------------------------------------------------------------
The cons list might seemed really long, but nonetheless the event went smoothly and good job to all committee members!!

#56 coffeamilk

coffeamilk

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi guys.

#1 CF lurker here.

I have a couple of pretty pictures that i want to share with you guys, especially the ones who complained about the lines:

Exhibit #1, Comic Fiesta, circa 2012
Posted Image

See that line? that white line? It represents a double-file that CF used in their system outside of the hall.

Now keep that in mind, and let me break your mind, and your computer screen:

Exhibit #2, Comiket, Circa 1998-2012
Posted Image

This is comiket circa 1998-2012.

An event that inspired Comic Fiesta.

See those white boxes? Remember when i said a single LINE is a double-file line?

There you go.

Oh, some pretty pictures to accompany the white lines as well.

So to whomever complained about the lines in ComicFiesta, you never have been to Comiket before.

Also, lining up is civilised.

The japanese can do it, so can we.

Also guys - see those yellow boxes? that is the size of hall 4 and 5 combined, and quadrupled.

And that is the venue for Comiket's doujin booths.

So artists - congrats and you know you are on the right track.

May Comic Fiesta be as big as Comiket one day!

p.s. Just so you know, there is a scale on the bottom corner of the pictures.

Yes, its THAT big.

I know, because those photos, i took it when i was there last year.

Toodles.

p.s.s Edited for proper line length

Thank you memeranglaut..!! ;)

I hope people will understand more about the lane since The Felyne (volunteers) always been asked why the lane too long and packed :s
Daffodil Academy Student DetailsCharacter Name: Kanzo Ryoiki Year/Class: 4-B Club/Societies:Track Team ClubSkills/Weakness: I hate EcchiInventory: Yellow Pages BookPVP Mode: OFF

#57 dias

dias

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Thx for your suggestion.
1. For the volunteers, of course we DO always wanted to have more volunteers. Offer like private get together session with invited artists is quite hard to achieve (not impossible but rarely) because still the artists have their own schedule and security issues too. And honestly, the volunteer has been given free access to all the entire hall and other benefits =) But yea. we need more volunteers :Cheers:
2. The purpose for marking doujin area is a non-photography area is just basically to NOT block the traffic flow and some copyright issue for the merchandise. One of the reason of they not being stopped is because we are running out of manpower. Problem leads back to No.1
3. There are Guideline for the cosplayers. Howeveer, if you look at the scales of cosplayers vs crews, I believe you got the answer in your mind already.

^^ Join the crew next year ! :cool:

Thank you for clarifying this matter especially for the photographing cosplayers in doujin booth. Somehow, that had slipped my mind. Yea...hard to control that much cosplayers...I understand that much. Anyway, really really great crowd control and again, awesome management! Keep it up and great job! ^^ cheers~

#58 Raincloud

Raincloud

Veteran CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

I was there as a cosplayer and booth owner this year. These are my thoughts

Pros:
-lots of space between booths and as much as having one exit sucks when we need to run out quickly for something, it certainly helps direct more people into the doujin booths area.
- Cafe was selling some light food and drinks. Thank goodness for this or I would have been dehydrated during the event.
- The people in charge of the doujin booth areas went around asking us if we needed 'no photography' signs for our booth and were giving them out for free. My booth didn't take the sign but i thought it was a nice thing to do for the booth owners.

Cons:
- Not sure if it was only my booth but we didnt receive any goodie bag(s) and event booklets upon registration. In previous years i believe each booth will receive at least one or two bags each. This was quite disappointing for me. The people in charge came over and passed us the event booklet sometime in the afternoon of day 1..but i dunno...i think i was expecting something a bit more than just the event booklet. =(

- At the end of day 1, we packed up and wanted to put our items into the car. We walked from the booth area to the exit at the end of hall 4, but were told it was close and we were not a allowed to go though. So we had to walk all the way back to the end of hall 5 with our luggage and make a big circle to the convention centre car park. I don't know the reason why the closed the exit in hall 5 so early (it was before 7pm) but it was irritating because it caused us to take a longgg walkkk and we wasted a lot of time because of that.

-Compared to last year there seem to be a lack of volunteers/committee members moving around CF this year, at the doujin booth area at least. Not that big of a problem but when we wanted to inquire or ask for help for something...we dont know who to go to.

Below comments are Not CF's fault but just writing these in hopes that something can be done in the future:
- There was a bunch of people dressed in military/swat/whatshit costumes with large guns and masks terrorizing passerbys in the new tunnel from the convention centre to KLCC by hiding behind walls and jumping out and chasing unsuspecting victims at the end of day 2. This reflects badly on the ACG community as the general public will associate these baboons with the event. I understand theres nothing much that can be done about it since it happens outside the event area but maybe CF can try reminding the crowd not to act like that outside the event once in a while or they may be thrown out of KLCC premises.

- by the time the event ends, everywhere in KLCC is packed and we cant find a place to have dinner even without limiting our budgets. Its frustrating because most booth owners wont have time to go out to have meals during the event. They are in the hall from 8am to 8pm most of the time . Once again this is not CF's fault but a friend of mine made a suggestion. It would be really awesome if there could be an optional er...option to cater food or book a specific area for the booth owners so they will have guaranteed place to makan after they pack up (with extra fees of course). Just a thought .
I'll be nicer if you'll be smarter. ^________^

#59 kuroneko

kuroneko

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

There was a bunch of people dressed in military/swat/whatshit costumes with large guns and masks terrorizing passerbys in the new tunnel from the convention centre to KLCC by hiding behind walls and jumping out and chasing unsuspecting victims at the end of day 2.

i lol'ed at this.

Pros
Big place
-The walkways were also wide enough.
Larp quest
-Best fun I've had in any convention
Creative art market
-Awesome stuff here
No gangnam
-Yep, no gangnam.

Cons
Stage
-The stage performances were okay but please tell the performers not to sing malay songs. Also the stage could use more performers instead of just talking and talking all day long.
Ticketing
-The ticketing was okay but it could've been better. First, get more booths. Secondly, if possible, make more early bird tickets available to avoid having long queues.
Photographers
-It's always the same thing in events like these.
Bootleg goodies
-Another thing that's really common in events like these. I don't really mind the bootleg posters, figures, pillows etc. but why the bootleg dvds. Also, why is there a booth selling kpop stuff?
Superstar booth
-Noisy. I still joined the lucky draw tho.
Re-entry
-No offense but this is really the most ridiculous thing about this event. I walked like 5 feet out from the exit just to talk on the phone cuz I could'nt hear clearly and the freakin "security guard" told me to walk back to the entrance! I WAS ONLY FREAKING 5 FEET AWAY FROM THE FREAKING EXIT AND HE TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO THE ENTRANCE. Get volunteers or someone else to take care of the exits not stupid klcc management.

Other suggestions for next year's cf only if can la...
-More stage performers
-Larger hall if possible
-Get rid of those local mmo booths, no one likes them anyways. WoT is okay tho
-More early bird tickets to prevent long queues.
-Trash cans
-More volunteers
-Get rid of KLCC management
-More original goodies

bowties are cool.

#60 Woody Invincible

Woody Invincible

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

suggestions

dont get anyone clueless(klcc management) to manage the exits and entrance or stuff.if they dont know wat cf is or not familiar,dont hire them.ask volunteers

same problem with kuroneko,THE FREAKING EXIT!why not just show the ticket and enter the exits?instead hav to walk outside and get back in the maze and stuff.

remove unnecessary stuffs like bootleg dvd's booths,kpop stuffs(those arent anime,manga or game related).instead hav a hall specially made for cosplayers so that i can find them easily and take their photos without blocking traffic and being pushed around.also taking photos of them in the doujin booths also prevent regular customers from seeing them.its a real shame really

the reason why i said make a hall specially for cosplay photo sessions is bcoz we wan to shop and take a pic of a cosplayer who is already hard to find most of the time,in the same area.outside is also alright but the fact theres only one entrance and its far makes this difficult.and dont forget the weather.

need trash cans.

overall,the location is good,STICK WITH KLCC FOREVER!the management is supposedly better from what i have heard,nid more doujin booths with different varieties

and most importantly and once again,take in account of the doujin booths and photogs.nobody likes getting their booths blocked by some photogs and no photogs like missing their oppurtunity to take a pic of their favourite character/cosplayers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CF2012, comments, feedback, suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users