• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Shuya Fay

Shuya Fay

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the great event! Its my first time there but it was amazing! I can't see any con's other than the overcrowded halls.

Suggestions

AMV contest! We need one! You know, the one where scenes from Anime edited and synchronized with songs or musics. It would be awesome if Comic Fiesta manage to organize one. There's awfully a lot of talented video editers out there willing to create one for CF.

If your're still unclear what is AMV all about, here watch one.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TXpxqoxivPg

It would be great add-on for CF if we got one, just like the Russian. http://www.akross.ru/index.cgi?l=e

(p/s: btw, AMV stands for Anime Music Videos. Cheers! XD

#62 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for the great event! Its my first time there but it was amazing! I can't see any con's other than the overcrowded halls.

Suggestions

AMV contest! We need one! You know, the one where scenes from Anime edited and synchronized with songs or musics. It would be awesome if Comic Fiesta manage to organize one. There's awfully a lot of talented video editers out there willing to create one for CF.

If your're still unclear what is AMV all about, here watch one.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TXpxqoxivPg

It would be great add-on for CF if we got one, just like the Russian. http://www.akross.ru/index.cgi?l=e

(p/s: btw, AMV stands for Anime Music Videos. Cheers! XD

I can answer this one for you. Due to fears of raping copyrights here and there, it's a bit hard to organize such things. It's also the main reason why Comic Fiesta stopped using AMVs as opening videos since 2010. ^_^;;
  • Naoko Kensaku likes this
You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#63 fishie_0525

fishie_0525

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Pros
early bird ticket line and re entry easily.

-althought i din go outside at all..i just like the idea for earlybird line,both day i go into hall 2 with my early bird ticket without waiting under hot sun.
but maybe next time u can try to improve one thing to make the line better.
maybe u should notice this....like...the line is lining up infront of a entrance/exit to aquaria food court.
and day2 i saw two tourist who accidently line up on the no ticket line....the look so blur and duno where to go...take note bout this maybe?
klcc is a hot spot where a lot a tourist come there especially during this festival time...they get confuse and continue lining up on the ticket long line...

Cons
ticket counter.
day one i already notice this,so i enter to hall 2 and walk along the white colour devider or gate....
i walk around thinking to change my costume..i can see the toilet sign board...but then i cant go over there...
because i see there a gate over there maybe is my bad for no going near to see the gate can go through to another side...
i not sure why cf organizer why want to located the ticket count at the middle of the hall.
cause on day 1 i feel so lost, cause i going alone and duno where to go....lucky i found my friend....

ANYWAY!!i still do enjoy alot on this cf...
no comment on exhibition hall since i never enter it!!!

THANK you comic fiesta!looking forward for cf 2013!!

#64 REManiac

REManiac

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

This is my 4th year attending Comic Fiesta :D

Pros
(1) Bigger Space
- Keep up the good work! Or you can try expanding to the whole hall (Hall1-Hall5)

(2) Good Floor Planning
- I'm satisfied with it, but I wish there are more doujin booths for doujinkas 8D

(3) Flow Management
- Although I didn't experience the queue entering the hall (since I have the tag) but I did see improvements, that's better than last year, keep up the good work!

(4) Emcees
- Alfred and Shaun, I really like their sense of humour

(5) Inviting guests (like redjuice)
- CF should invite Shirow Miwa or HUKE next time, or bring the whole group!!! //kicked
- ....or try inviting VOFAN? I REALLY LOVE HIS ARTWORKS XXOO

(6) The president, nerv
- definitely out of topic, but man, he is still as kacak as always!

(7) Ticket price
- The price is reasonable, since CF is organized by Malaysian ACG fans. They provide bigger venue for better CF experience, of course it costs a lot (the rental price of KL Convention Centre is so &*$^&*@^&*). If you are able to pay RM600 for K-Pop concert tix yet complain a lot about RM40 CF tix, go home.

(8) redjuice artbook
- Thank you for bringing the redjuice artbook to CF, I purchased the Neutral and I like it very much.

(9) Ending Dance
- Although the dance started at 9pm but I REALLY ENJOYED IT, THAT MARISA DJ IS COOL!!!

Cons
(1) Cosplayers blocking the way taking pics @ doujin booths
- Posing for a while is okay as long as there's less people passing by that area, but if it consumes more time, please move to Hall2/3 or somewhere empty, don't block the path, since the doujin booth area is a non-photography area.

(2) Lack of exit
- More exit please.

(3) Where's iro*iro? How come I can't find Monochrome Rainbow? How to get to the A.R.T.S.?
- Labels are needed on booths, I know there were number sticking on the table but getting covered by table cloth lollollol
- I know booth layout is provided inside the event booklet but what if the person have problem referring to it?

(4) Missing santa?
- I had my present prepared, but I couldn't find the place (which is santa socks) to drop it, ended up finishing it by myself lol (actually the present is a box of chocolate)
- Details of it should included inside the event booklet, since I'm quite blur about the instructions given on CF Community.

(5) Cosplayers didn't clean up their mess
- Saw a lot of rubbish on the floor, like wig cap, tissue papers, plastic bag, or worse, soft drink cans with soft drink spilled on the floor. COME ON, CLEAN UP THE MESS BEFORE YOU LEAVE OKAY?! YOU GUYS ARE CAUSING TROUBLE TO THE CLEANERS/COMMITTEES AND LEAVING BAD IMAGES TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!

(6) Coffytiam
- NEED MORE BADGES ; A ;
- last year i purchased badges after finishing the ending dance, they still have stock, yay got back home with full set of badges
- this year i visited coffytiam around 5pm (Day2), they told me that Coffy and Doomsday had run out of stock ; A ; Should have purchased them at Day1
  • Izumi Ishtar likes this

#65 AsH_animeX2

AsH_animeX2

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Pros (Compare to previous CFs)
1. Huge improvement, more halls & less being a sardine in a can..

2. Way better crowd control..

3. Friendly & well-brief volunteers..

4. Reasonable ticket pricing.. (I was expecting more, bcause CF have opened more halls & invited many guests..)

5. One of the best CF so far!! ^^

Cons
1. There's only one EXIT. More exits please..

2. Not enough ticket counters on Day 1, very long queue = longer waiting time..

3. No trash bins in sight..

4. Lack of volunteers.. More CF goers = More help(volunteers) from CF..

5. No signs/directions to exit.. (I was lost in Hall 4 & 5 for a while..)

6. This is for artist booth owners. Not so eco-friendly ppl.. (My case: Bought at least 1 item from 10 booths, got 10 huge plastic bags in return..)

(Do you think that one or two pin badges need a big plastic bags? No. They are so durable that you can just put them in CF goodie bag.)

Suggestions
1. Try to avoid giving too much authority to local (KLCC) management.. Not all knows what or how CF handle things..

2. I believe CF have experiences to knows the amount (on-the-spot) tickets buyer on Day 1, have more counters on Day 1 & less on Day 2..

3. GO GREEN!! Be more eco-friendly, advise artist booth owners to use less (or no) plastic bags, instead use paper bags.. (CF goodie bag is sufficient enough to store artworks) *This suggestion is from experiences from attending many conventions, however, realising this topic is not heard of or not concerning to ppl is very saddening..

Overall giving a 5/5 star to CF this year!! ^^
Here kitty kitty..

#66 Baka Angel

Baka Angel

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Anyone who played SideQuest do have a feedback here? Your GM wish to hear some words from you.
  • chronozth likes this
Daffodil Academy Student Details Character Name: Sakura Nanoko Year/Class: 3-B Club/Societies: Computer Club Skills:Observation, Calm, InvisibleWeakness: Cat, Hate people touching her hair. Inventory: A Laptop,A note book, A Cat PVP Mode: ON

#67 Ryo

Ryo

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I think my groupmates have covered most what i'd like to feedback about for this year's CF, so i'll be brief on the points i'd like to point out the most.

Pros
- KLCC management doesn't meddle in too much this time, which is good since i still have 'fond' memories of one of them not letting me and my groupmate in last year just because i don't have a tag, despite already explaining to them that we are booth owners.

- More spacious doujin booth space

- Sponsor booth area/doujin booth area/stage area are well evenly spread out

- Food available

I think that's all i could think of for now.

Cons
- Lack of volunteers patroling the doujin area. We've had several cases of people blocking the way in front of our booths just because they wanted to take pictures of cosplayers hence blocking the people who are trying to browse the booths. I know it was stated in the event booklet on how it is strictly NO PHOTOGRAPHY in the doujin booth area but how many do you think would even take time to read or follow the rules?

- Sound system was extremely poor especially during first day. I didn't even know what's even happening during on stage because being on the most farthest booth blocks, all i could hear are inaudible sounds of people talking drowned by the noise of the crowds. I don't even know what's going on during the time Redjuice went on stage, and i was extremely disappointed (considering i can't attend the panel itself, this was the only chance i could listen to him and turns out i couldn't?) THE ONLY TIME i could even hear from the stage was when people were shouting at their mic (i know they're supposed to be singing, but imo that's not...exactly singing. It's more of screaming your lungs out at the mic)

Please consider this in the future because due to the size of the hall is more than what it was from last year, the farther you get the more inaudible the sound gets. The only one time it was slightly improved was on Day 2, but by then it was already too late.

- Concert for Bless4 was not properly announced. It wasn't even announced nor written on the event booklet itself, so i wasn't even aware (among with others) about the concert happening on the end of Day 1. It's not much of a loss to me, but what about others who were looking forward to it and missed it because they were uninformed?

- This is where i'm nitpicking on the most. Being a booth owner for the past 5 years or more, i found that the art booth committee for this year to be extremely disappointing in terms of service and efficiency. Releasing art booth plan prior 3 days before the event? And it's not even final, when they yet again sent another revised version of the same plan, the only changes were the stage location and the booth numbers. For as long as i remember, the latest they have been in terms of releasing the final booth layout is by NOVEMBER. They even stated in the email that it would be released 4 to 2 weeks prior before the event. But 3 days before the event?

I understand that the ones handling the art booth committee this year are fairly new (they're also might still be students and or working) and i was willing to be lenient even when they've made a few mistakes while handling the pre-booking for veteran booth owners, (there was also that mistake incident where they overshoot their estimated booth allocation amounts for reservation giving false hopes to some booth owners who thought they've scored a slot when in fact, not and was forced to the waiting list (a friend of mine was one of the ones affected). But my patience grew more thin when people's enquiries has been left unanswered for months (i've been tracking the forum threads from day one it started and i've seen how it abruptly came to a pause around some time in September without any replies or progress from the booth committee members themselves. The list was never updated, the waiting list forever hanging. I even checked on the CF twitter page in case, and also fb.) Enquiries via emails was also non responsive. The only updates i've seen on the fb page was about the panel events/non artist booth related.

I seriously hope that the committee would improve on this matter next year because it was extremely unprofessional. I remembered last year when the committee encountered slight problems with tables/chairs provided hence slight delay, they'd actually still took their time to give notify and explain about said problem to each booth owners via email. This year? Not even an email, not even an explanation on why the hold up. This is not the way to go. So please take note of this.

-Updates not evenly spreaded out. Forum/main site tends to be deserted and abandoned, and only fb were updated frequently. Please understand that not all of us check fb on regular basis. A lot of people missed out on early bird ticket deals etc because of this.

-Trash cans where?

I can't really comment on the exit problems etc considering i was inside the hall the whole time and never actually left, but I hope to see some, if not all the cons mentioned be rectified for future Comic Fiesta events.
  • fishu likes this

#68 Spain

Spain

Junior CFer

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

My friends bought on-spot tickets for the five of us. They bought three Day 1 tickets, and two both days tickets. A total of RM140 was supposed to be paid. However, they were given insufficient amount of tickets and no balance was returned (they gave RM150). The girl at the ticketing booth asked them for RM150 actually. And due to the long queue, they were rushed to enter the hall without having a moment to recalculate and check. Thankfully, one of the CF volunteers helped us out (without questioning much) after we consulted, and gave us our remaining tickets and balance.

We were aware that there are A LOT of people buying tickets, hence, mistakes are inevitable. However, mistakes like this should be avoided as much as possible since it's dealing with people's money. Please be careful and double-check the amount of tickets and fees before proceed accordingly :) We, as attendees, will be playing our role to make sure that what we want to buy is clearly clarified.

After that incident, everything was smooth-sailing.

Truly enjoyed the artist booths and the big space there. However, signs for the booths would be truly helpful :)

Oh yeah, I didn't know that there were tickets for kids at CF as well (of course, it's free)! :D I like that.

Another suggestion: Is it possible to have one hall for ticketing, one hall for cosplayers to hang/take photos, one hall for exhibitions and artist booths, and one hall for stage? Yes, I know this might add up more cost due to more halls required. I don't mind paying a lil' extra for CF. But that's just me :)

Thank you for the awesome experience though!

It's my 5th Comic Fiesta and probably the best one yet!

#69 Poteryu Chin

Poteryu Chin

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

My friends bought on-spot tickets for the five of us. They bought three Day 1 tickets, and two both days tickets. A total of RM140 was supposed to be paid. However, they were given insufficient amount of tickets and no balance was returned (they gave RM150). The girl at the ticketing booth asked them for RM150 actually. And due to the long queue, they were rushed to enter the hall without having a moment to recalculate and check. Thankfully, one of the CF volunteers helped us out (without questioning much) after we consulted, and gave us our remaining tickets and balance.

We were aware that there are A LOT of people buying tickets, hence, mistakes are inevitable. However, mistakes like this should be avoided as much as possible since it's dealing with people's money. Please be careful and double-check the amount of tickets and fees before proceed accordingly :) We, as attendees, will be playing our role to make sure that what we want to buy is clearly clarified.

After that incident, everything was smooth-sailing.

ticketing crew here, i apologize for any mess up >< Moushiwake arimasen :bow:
please double check your tickets and changes next time :)

sometimes ticketing are just too pressure seeing the queue, handling the money also, and working nonstop for several hours,
like you say, mistakes are inevitable >< so, sorry again.
Appreciated the feedback ^^

i also got some people forget bout their changes and tickets and have to chase them >< too excited for CF i guess?

#70 Silencers

Silencers

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

- Sound system was extremely poor especially during first day. I didn't even know what's even happening during on stage because being on the most farthest booth blocks, all i could hear are inaudible sounds of people talking drowned by the noise of the crowds. I don't even know what's going on during the time Redjuice went on stage, and i was extremely disappointed (considering i can't attend the panel itself, this was the only chance i could listen to him and turns out i couldn't?) THE ONLY TIME i could even hear from the stage was when people were shouting at their mic (i know they're supposed to be singing, but imo that's not...exactly singing. It's more of screaming your lungs out at the mic)

Hi, stage manager here :D

The sound system was intentionally set up and tuned so that the speakers won't reach the booths. We have received complaints from the past that noise from the stage made it difficult for booth owners to communicate with customers that they have to scream at each other. Some even complained that the bands' instruments are too loud. We made the booth owners' business our no.1 priority. No point having stage entertainment if you can't sell precious goods to your customers.

If you were at the stage area (which is quite big), you'll quickly realise how loud the speakers are, going any louder to reach the booth will literally damage the ears of people near the stage. We try our best to meet your expectations, but I'm afraid it's impossible to please everybody :)
  • edo and D.M. Jewelle like this
The Silent Room - Simple Thoughts, Simple Words
Follow me on Twitter! - @tenoq
Listen to me on radioEMiNA(beta), Fridays, 10pm onwards!

#71 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

One of the Ticketing cashiers here~

I wasn't around when this happened--Though I have heard on this incident. First and foremost I would like to extend my apologies on behalf of our younger (or older) cashiers; who might have tended to your friend. We had some new cashiers as well and some of them might have been overwhelmed by the crowds and might have accidentally made mistakes. I myself is not excluded. Us cashier were aware of our responsibilities in handling all of the money but the visitors also have to be the same and be careful as well.

Mistakes in handling of the amount of tickets and changes are inevitable and while the cashier try their best to be efficient, we'd like to remind visitors to extend the courtesy to us. Yes, I do remember asking for the visitors who had completed their transactions to speedily leave the counters so that I could attend to the next visitor who wanted to buy their own tickets. (Since usually people ended up delaying and chatting to each other and blocking the front of the counters) But that did not exempt you (in general) to always check that you received the correct amount of balance as well as tickets. As much as Cashiers tried their best in doing their jobs, visitors also have to be careful in handling their own money. Always check that you received the correct balance before leaving the counter and always check that you're buying/putting on the right ticket on their respective days.

This was the main reason we constantly reminded visitors to always (whenever possible) to prepare exact changes for the ticket and decide early on the amount and type of tickets they wanted to buy in order to avoid problems like this arising. A lot of the visitor that I tended to end up making confusing orders and that may confuse us as well and would also lead to mistakes.

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#72 Oat Mil

Oat Mil

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

it was my second time for CF
Pros:
-solve the crowd control problem from last year so pls keep it up =D
-more spacious when waiting to get tickets or when walking in to event halls

Cons:
- there was no main walk way at the boothes so people were squeeze by the sides of the boothes
-the music was rather loud
- very little exits
-suggestions
maybe have the boothes nearer to the walls so there is a bigger walk way at the middle??

Thanks anyways CF for the great event and sorry if i misspelled any words

#73 Oat Mil

Oat Mil

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Erm, guys, the GSC booth is the very real GSC. I liaised personally with the staff from Japan for the matter.

erm just to confirm with you did the GSC head come too?? as i saw someone that looks like him was it him, Takanori Aki??

#74 Ezel

Ezel

External Manager

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Don't think so. Only the Bushiroad CEO dropped by for the press conference.

#75 Yippy

Yippy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

@TheChosenBaka:

SideQuester here! I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll post my thoughts on the sidequests and CF itself by this weekend. Sorry for being so late!
  • chronozth likes this

#76 Ellie Fukawa

Ellie Fukawa

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

erm just to confirm with you did the GSC head come too?? as i saw someone that looks like him was it him, Takanori Aki??

Nope...he isn't here.. Only Bushiroad's boss attend

Facebook : Aoi Fuyumi

Support Malaysia Nendoroid Community~ : Nendomoe

tumblr_mtvylr53LF1sj5d32o1_400_zpsab8b4c

#77 Baka Angel

Baka Angel

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

@TheChosenBaka:

SideQuester here! I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll post my thoughts on the sidequests and CF itself by this weekend. Sorry for being so late!

no problem. take your time.
Daffodil Academy Student Details Character Name: Sakura Nanoko Year/Class: 3-B Club/Societies: Computer Club Skills:Observation, Calm, InvisibleWeakness: Cat, Hate people touching her hair. Inventory: A Laptop,A note book, A Cat PVP Mode: ON

#78 HarukiTheSevenfold

HarukiTheSevenfold

Senior CFer

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

It was a fun event altogether. Good location, many booths to stop buy & shop & had a great time meeting up with friends & new people. However, it was a pain for me & my friends to go in & out of the halls because of the long queue. :s Other than that, it was good. Thumbs up to everyone who made this event a good one. :)
-The Bleeding Is Over-
Posted Image

#79 Song of Nephilim

Song of Nephilim

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

I apologize, but I will only list a single con here, since you guys managed to pull off an AWESOME event yet again. :)

A certain member of your crew manning a counter near the commercial merchandise booth was being VERY rude. I was quite confused about what to do in regards to a redjuice-related event so I went to the aforementioned counter to clarify a few things. Admittedly, I made a mistake since it was not the information counter. But I doubt I deserved the rude, obnoxious and sarcastic comments made by this person just because I was confused.

If you guys had 150 crew members, 149 had performed excellently and professionally, so your recruitment system is almost flawless. But I think it needs to be finetuned a bit more to prevent the occasional sociopath, like the one I mentioned earlier, from sneaking into your roster.

To this person, I bet you thought you're so badass, being able to be rude and downright antagonistic knowing full well that the counter was protecting you from people who would love to teach you a thing or two about manners. I hope one day you'll learn that courtesy pays off, but in a very, VERY hard way. :D
http://www.facebook....=1&l=2d5601a6d7 My Comic Fiesta 2012 album! :D
http://www.facebook....=1&l=aa6622b4f9 My Comic Fiesta 2011 album! :D
http://www.facebook....=1&l=599c8e5fda My AFAMY 2012 album! :D

#80 Yippy

Yippy

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy and disorganized start to 2013 for me. = (

Anyway I'll start with the Sidequests first.

Sidequest

Pros
Great variety and challenging tasks.
From simple picture fetch quests to elaborate challenges, CF Sidequest 2012 managed to put on a huge range of tasks for participants. Although some were impossibly hard, there were always a few quests that everyone could do. Besides, the fun was in the challenge.

Also, I especially enjoyed the cards themselves; they had a wonderful mix of classics like Cowboy Bebop and newbies like Madoka. Although I wish they had included more recent series (then), I understand there might have been copyright concerns.

Teamwork
There were a few quests that required one to work together with fellow sidequesters, and I absolutely loved them! Getting to know fellow fans, chatting about what bombed this season and just having a good time-that's what I experienced. Still, I'd like to see more of such quests. And try to make them more deeper-like requiring the same team for a few quests-so that more cherished experiences can be made.

Helpful staff
Although they were understandably stubborn most of the time, the Sidequest Staff were really nice and helpful when it mattered. They explained rules and quests patiently, gave hints for tougher quests and politely declined flawed entries (well, most of the time XD). I'd love to see such outstanding conduct in future CF Sidequest Staff,

Cons
Lack of Proper List
During my first Sidequest back in '09, I remembered there being a paper sheet with all the quests and their details. However, I was shocked that there was none for this year's CF. With so many different quests and a ton of confused sidequesters, wouldn't a sheet allow them to keep track of quests while avoiding the crowded Sidequest Counter area?

Promotion/Prominence
There wasn't even a mention of the Sidequests in the event booklet. I know there's a limit on cards and the prize(s), but couldn't they at least promote the Sidequests with a few lines? I bet a lot of people would love to join and have a blast at CF.

Counter location
I guess it couldn't be helped, but such a small counter in such a packed intersection? I think it's necessary for the Sidequest staff to have a HQ, but the congestion there sometimes was just awful.

Rarity of Cards.
More of a pet peeve than anything, but were some cards that rare? I know it's to keep the coveted prize for the best competitor, but still, I felt kinda disappointed just missing a rare card by a few minutes...

Well, that's it for the Sidequests. As for the event proper...

[Sourced and edited from my CF coverage post @aniblog Sekijitsu (http://sekijitsu.com...ic-fiesta-2012/)]

<<
Event Proper

Pros

Excellent Crowd Control (for the Outdoors, at least)

CF ’12 definitely improved by leaps and bounds from the chaotic CF '11. Although congested because of the usual culprits, the staff managed to deal with the problems swiftly. However, that’s the situation outside the hall. Inside, it was the opposite. I just wish that some of the outdoor staff could have been posted inside at junctions to move traffic along. Also, more exits could’ve helped lighten the crowd. Other than that, crowd control was excellent.
Good Mix of Events and Booths

For the average otaku, this year’s CF was quite attractive because of its event lineup. From special guests to cosplay competitions to performances, the events were impressive this year. Also, rather than just bringing in random performers and unknown (but talented) guests, CF brought in the big guns-redjuice and Danny Choo. Those two must’ve brought in a huge proportion of the 25,000 visitors to CF. I may not have attended their events, but I’m very glad that they took the time to come down here.
The exhibitor booths were quite varied too. You had booths selling cheap bootlegs to booths selling genuine merchandise and even artbooks! I’m a bit skeptical of letting the bootleg companies in though, since that would hurt the image of CF. As long as they don’t chase away the genuine booths, I don’t really mind. The Art Market was quite big and had many different artists and styles, but I was sorely disappointed at the lack of fanart from recent series. There were the big hits like SAO and Chuunibyou, but what of Hyouka, Fate/Zero and Sakamichi no Apollon? CF’s art market has always been filled with popular recent series, but I’d like to see more variety in the future (a.k.a. shows that I like) XD. But wait, wasn’t I supposed to talk about pros instead of cons? Oh dear…
Cons

Registration for Events

This is more a pet peeve than a real problem, but this really limited the number of events I could attend. If I could’ve entered for a few moments and left like with the stage events, I might’ve been able to see more. Alas, with limited seats, I can see why they would use this system. Ah well, maybe next year.
Booklet Letdown

Usually, CF booklets will have event details in them with all the relevant dates, times and venues. However, this year’s booklet was very disappointing in terms of proper coverage. Although the “Highlights” page did cover a few big events, I was surprised that it didn’t even mention:
  • Redjuice and Danny Choo being there; they were noted at the “schedule” section, but why weren’t they highlighted?
  • The sidequests and LARP quests; a fun distraction that was sadly overlooked by many.
  • The marathon screening of Toradora, Skip Beat, Kamisama Hajimemashite and Tonari no Kaibutsu.
Granted, there may have been limited space in the booklet itself, but these are still significant events and activities. They should have been there in the first place.
>>
Well, that's all from me. I hope this helps a bit with the next CF. Till then, have a kawa​ii 2013! =D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CF2012, comments, feedback, suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users