No replies to this topic

#1 Among The Sheep

Among The Sheep

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'm sure the organizers look for new ways to improve and diversify the event every year, and for this year, I have a suggestion!

By now, most of you have probably heard of game-development competitions that last a weekend like Global Game Jam, and Ludum Dare. If that doesn't stoke your fancy, maybe something like Hactivate would be easier to setup?

The game and animation fans in SEA have obviously aged up and skilled up significantly in the past few years. So I was thinking, why don't we host a Game Jam all of our own? Get in contact with sponsors, obtain licenses to game dev tools (like unity, gamemaker, etc) for use during the event, maybe setup development machines for participants.

You'll attract a whole different crowd in addition to the usual, give your members a chance to show off what you can do, add an element of friendly competition and team bonding to the vent, and have some cool games to show off afterwards.

I've personally attended 2/3 of those events above, and I could suggest how you would go about setting the event up if you are interested.

• edo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users