30 replies to this topic

#1 milfuelle

milfuelle

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Nee, when was your first Comic Fiesta event? Let’s share your first CF stories here.

As the topic starter I’ll start!

////

My first time attending Comic Fiesta was in 2004. It was held in Balai Seni. It was my friend who dragged me to the event. I’ve only heard of Gempak’s event back then. It was exciting to attend Gempak’s event so I thought CF would give me the same excitement.

However, the experience was completely different when I was there. Comic Fiesta felt like it was a hip and happening community. It didn’t feel like the place was full of visitors, but filled with friends who share the same passion. I didn’t know anyone there except my friend, but it was a very welcoming atmosphere.

Ever since then, I’m stuck to the community and I’m still here until now.

I’m happy to see Comic Fiesta has grown this far.

///

So, what was your story? Do share :D

#2 monk-ed

monk-ed

Community Moderator

• Community Moderator
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:31 AM

Wah wah, nostalgia. Although probably not as serious as the others.

My first CF was in 2009, at Sunway Pyramid. My friend who was an anime/manga fan invited me to go with him, his sister, and sister's friend. Sadly, we only went on the second day, thinking that there would be more bang on the last day. I remember most of the happenings very clearly. From that one (unlucky) guy who had to dress as a maid, to them small shops outside the hall, to the ghost from Spirited Away, to that one guy who cosplayed as Haruhi Suzumiya dancing to Sorry Sorry by SuJu, to the winner of the cosplay competition, a Monster Hunter cosplay.

Shit was good, and got me hooked on conventions. But what followed was not good.

Spoiler

Blue Pasta
STR: 1 DEX: 2 CON: 2 INT: 3 SPI: 2
HP: 20

#3 guest18

guest18

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

my cf story begin with being attractive to girl with short skirt and boob revealling costume

#4 Arel

Arel

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

2007 - Times Square, i was an amateur comic artist.. i was told that there will be "doujins" of where amateur comic artist like myself sell their stuffs, i was excited about that alone and when i'm finally there i saw cosplayers for the first time and like.. DAFUQ? O__O);

i got myself a booth on CF 2009 and 2010 but it was until the end of 2010 when i finally started cosplay and 2011 i cosplayed in CF, but the highlights of my CF is definately 2012 when i performed on the stage with my bandmates.. awesome.. :)

ny- nyaAOOO!~ *stares atchu* OwO)/

#5 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

My first CF was at this Chinese hall.. forgot what year.

-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#6 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Lol, Jun. Your first CF was the first CF. That was in 2001.

You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#7 Volvagia356

Volvagia356

Senior CFer

• Administrator
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:07 AM

My first Comic Fiesta. I actually came to this one on a whim, as my mother had to attend a wedding in KL the day before (we live in Penang).

I literally only knew one other person who attended the event at that time, and he was only available on the first day, so I was alone most of the time.

I spent most of my time at the stage, recording down almost everything. (I think I still have the files. I gave the files out via BitTorrent on the forums here back then). I also bought my first figure there, which was a Tohsaka Rin figma. (I didn't know about 'waifu' at that time)

Come to think of it, I think it was also my first encounter with many people who I now hang out with and talk to a lot. I didn't know them at that point, but after knowing them years later, I realized that we've met before.

Hmm, why not tell the story of the others?

By this time, I've came to know some people, mainly the (remaining active) people of GForum. It was also my SPM year, and I did some "acrobatics" to come to CF. Basically, after all but one of my subjects, I have a 2 week break, then the final subject. The final subject for SPM was on the day after CF, so immediately after CF, I had to return to Penang to take my final SPM paper the next day.

Since now I know other people, I now follow them around the event in a group instead of wandering around alone. This also meant that I spend less time at the stage, and more time around the doujin booths.

As before, I also ran into many people who I would come to know much later.

Wow, KLCC! It was awesome, huge hall with so many things to see. Unfortunately, as we entered early on the first day, we had no clue about the things going on outside, so we exit the hall for lunch. It took us 2 hours of queuing to get back into the hall. Thus, on the 2nd day, we decided to hang around the cafe at the back of the hall instead of going out. Also, I did something on the 2nd day, but I won't talk about it as it was quite embarrassing when I think about it now.

Since I started getting more involved in the scene in early 2012, and I know a lot more people when compared to the year before. My experience at the event is now completely different. There's so many people to meet here and there. I spent most of my time in the main hall in the doujin booth area as I didn't really have much interest on cosplayers, which were mostlyin the other hall. Though for some odd reason, I felt like I spent more money at Kinokuniya...

It's not here yet. Who knows?

#8 Raincloud

Raincloud

Veteran CFer

• Community Moderator
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

that was CF2002 actually.
8D

I attended my first event (Cosmas 03) today, 10 years ago
Attended my first CF on the same year as a cosplayer.

/old

• MisaoHoh likes this
I'll be nicer if you'll be smarter. ^________^

#9 _yuca

_yuca

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

My first CF was on 2010, during that time I only went with 2 friends (one just tagging along because she got nothing else to do that day), and I only went there for one day. Being my first time actually going to CF, instead of randomly lurking around, I was quite nervous, not to mention I don't really like being in a huge crowd, but oh well.

After knowing a bunch of friends who are into ACG as well, I ended up going to CF2011 and knowing much more people *coughcough* I felt much more comfortable and I got more people to talk to because I was pretty much lonely as compared to the previous year. CF2011 was the time I actually buy stuff there, since I have quite a lot of time to spend there, unluckily I was only able to go to the first day as my grandmother fell sick the other day.

I think I started knowing even more people on 2012 thanks to a certain incident I shall not mention, and had quite a time during CF2012 since I finally went there for 2 days. I had quite an accident where I actually left my ATM card in my home in Seremban and I only noticed it when I was already at KLCC, so I suffer some money problems. Also the day before CF I was actually at Singapore because my cousin is having a wedding there, so i had to leave at night XD I didn't really expect the queue would be long, plus the weather is really killing me, so I had my friend to take care of my place in the queue for me to get some Panadol for my headache and some ice cream to cool off myself. During CF2012 I met a lot of people I only know online the first time IRL, so it was quite cool lol 

E0zZXhA.pngwmSqDBR.png

#10 Shuyii

Shuyii

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

My first CF is CF'12.

Experience? I volunteered. End of story =P

CF gave me a lot of friends and I hope I will have more to say after CF'13~ XD

Kisses... Are they delicious? Posted Image

#11 Kimm

Kimm

Magical Mars Bar

• Community Moderator
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

My first CF is CF'12.

You volunteered? Who ARE YOU

My first CF, CF'10. Went with two people, and we mostly syok sendiri'd a lot. It was fun, but the crowd killed me, and we went home early.

Then I was revived and I volunteered in CF '11, which was a very, very interesting experience. The same goes for CF'12, except more running was involved.

My experience with CF has been one that has brought much joy and has taught me a lot. Can't wait for what CF will bring me this year! ^_^

Howl "Baby" Fyrallon
STR: 1+1 DEX: 3 CON: 2 INT: 2 SPI: 2-1

Posted Image

#12 Shuyii

Shuyii

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

My first CF is CF'12.

You volunteered? Who ARE YOU

The Saber cosplayer who guarded Hall 5 exit, at your service =3

Kisses... Are they delicious? Posted Image

#13 Freelancer937

Freelancer937

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1900 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

OH LOL I DIDNT NOTICE 

-The Awkward moment when Flaming gets mistaken as trolling and when stating the obvious is mistaken as flaming :dodgy: -Whosoever yang receive email from Junster@hotmail.com you gaiz can officially laugh at it. Troll at it and plox printscreen and show me. Its a fake account going around impersonating me sending hatemails bla bla bla

#14 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

My first CF is in 2004 (I was 16), I only came on the second day. The memories of CF being non-mainstram is still fresh in my mind~

seriously, you can still see 90% of the floor that time XD but i don't remember much of what happened in the event cos most of the time I was at the booth. And the cosplays were still meh back then. I didn't talk much or know people there yet cos I used to be shy and quiet.

Oh yeah it's also the year I debut as a doujinka (pfft-) with DreamTeam :D

#15 Kunimiko_Kinokunya

Kunimiko_Kinokunya

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nyaaa. My first CF last year. I was cosplaying as a gintama character, I dunno what name, the character looks cute, I just cosplay je. Anyway I made new friends and all. And I hate the seniors, they are so elitists

#16 Iasabelle

Iasabelle

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

My first CF was the first CF, back in 2002, when it was held in a room no bigger than our average classrooms. I remembered Kidchan's booth vividly, the dark hall, Eisu and joining an art competition with friends. ;) that was what kickstart-ed my journey in digital painting and stuff.

Joined the booths in 2005 while in Sedaya, and stayed with em since then :) So looking back it had never crossed my mind that it could get this big lol. I should say, congratulation to the founders and those who carried CF to where it is now.

#17 Weisschen

Weisschen

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

The first time I went to CF, it was in the year 2009.

Back then, I asked buddy of mine to accompany me along with his little sister. The first thing I remembered on that day was undressing myself appropriately so that I looked a lot less like a salaryman, in front of his sister. I even asked, "Your sister doesn't mind, does she?" and he said no.

Then we went in and I was bombarded with music, the cosplayers and the overall high of what made the CF scene completely immersing for the fun kind.

As we walked around, I kept promoting the doujin people's products to the guy's little sister (because I was bored). I still remember that there was a booth selling Pandora Hearts cards and I was like, "Look at all the beautiful bishie men! You should buy these!" and kept doing that until one of the sellers said, 'Man, this guy is a better promoter than you! We should hire you next time!'

Soon, they said they needed to leave because it was getting late. I was extremely bored when they left at the time and I just bought myself a pedobear mask and a Reborn hat. I wore it for the rest of the event.

I then proceeded to walk around in the doujin booths, most of the time stopping at a shop and asking 'WHAT ARE THESE' and 'HOW MUCH' in a very eccentric, British-speaking slapstick accent. I entertained the doujin booth people and as well as myself.

Then I went back after the event finished completely.

On the train, I was thinking to myself because I just had the most fun of my life at a public venue ever.

On the other hand, I concluded and felt that, "This... isn't fun without friends."

So I decided to volunteer for CF 2010.

And the rest is history.

#18 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

CF 2006 in Sri Sedaya hall. Met alot of awesome cosplays and was really like an otaku meeting their favourite characters from favourite series. Then met the group of friends that I am super closed with now.

Posted Image Posted Image

#19 MisaoHoh

MisaoHoh

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

My first CF was year 2002, at Chinese Assembly Hall... an Ah-lian first time joining event and made some new friends |D

But speaking what most special happened... was sapu lantai after event and mop lantai during event at Balai Seni year 2004 Orz

Make-up Service Payment - CASH - Pay immediately: No excuse 'my purse is with my friend' 'I don't have enough cash' 'I go toilet first, later come back' etc etc

Yay~~ No more Mod or comm title under my profile~~I'm freeeeee~~~ XD XD XDDD

EdoBanner01.jpg

#20 hitokiri_sien

hitokiri_sien

Otaku CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

CF 2003 was my first. If i'm not mistaken it was at impiana Hotel (near Petaling Street?)
so gung ho sendiri naik bus all the way from Klang...lol....
The room was like what......1/10 of what CF2012 was? (wait..maybe 1/20)...

Small room, yet it was one of the most enjoyable events EVER~~~~

• Raincloud likes this

#21 Naito Ryuu

Naito Ryuu

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 488 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hmm my first CF was 2010?

It was at Berjaya Time's Square Hotel.

I wasn't cosplaying but people kept asking what character I was cosplaying............

I helped out a friend at her booth and then that was that, it was fun :D

I felt like I finally fit in somewhere lol.

From CF 2011 onwards I was a volunteer... and not a very good one /lazy bastard/

I'm well known for my angry shouting, stop by to say hi when you hear me do so.

I'm actually really nice... and grumpy.

I don't bite either. At least not when I'm well fed (thank god for Mika).

Alba Invicta Gemini
STR: 1 DEX: 4 CON: 2 INT: 1 SPI: 2
HP: 20

Where you can stalk find me ^o^
Blogspot: http://naitoryuu.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NaitoRyuu
Twitter: @NaitoRyuu
DeviantART: http://nightryuu.deviantart.com/
Tumblr: http://nryuu.tumblr.com/

Sometimes we just need to cleanse our eyes with tears before we can see clearly. -Ryuu

Don't cry because it over, Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss

#22 Ryutsuki

Ryutsuki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

My CF experience is in '12 after the first AFA in Malaysia. It's totally different from AFA as it more crowded and more cosplayers that cure my hunter eyes. I love to take cosplayers photo as I admired them because of their bravery and patience to cos the chara and it was a beau scene. If compare with AFA, the photos I took during AFA was least that CF. Bravo to CF,even though the admission fee is a bit expensive.I love the products too as it more in cheaper price compare to AFA, and I bought limited edition of Reborn t-shirt at Anime Network booth.(^^)

But as it was my first time attending, I wonder that if let said I went out of the hall to take lunch, may I been allowed to went in back to the hall without buying another ticket or que again as I really want to visit all the booths? In the end, after I went out, I straight forward went back home..
And does CF has maid or butler cafe in the hall as I hunt the hall for a half day, but couldn't spotted any.

私のはじめにコストをできます!
So, shall I be allow to enter back to the hall after I take lunch outside of the hall? Hope シフ先輩 will give this 後輩 some advice..

#23 horong

horong

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Hurm, 1st time at CF ar... I don't remember! No, in all seriousness, I don't remember. I can vaguely remember walking around a few booths and few cosplayers. All I remember is that the following year I showed up at the following year's CF as Clark Steel for my first cosplay. I can still remember the school hall in Sunway that was used. Yeah, I remember doing SAB on a Kensou while he was flanked by 2 Athena's. I bet I still could though.

Defenders Of The Cross :(
Frost and Death :(
Sides of a Coin and The Spectre of Amatsu :(
Guns and Roses :(  R.I.P. RoEmpire
FF.net account

photo.jpg

#24 missanhuways

missanhuways

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

My CF experience is in '12 after the first AFA in Malaysia. It's totally different from AFA as it more crowded and more cosplayers that cure my hunter eyes. I love to take cosplayers photo as I admired them because of their bravery and patience to cos the chara and it was a beau scene. If compare with AFA, the photos I took during AFA was least that CF. Bravo to CF,even though the admission fee is a bit expensive.I love the products too as it more in cheaper price compare to AFA, and I bought limited edition of Reborn t-shirt at Anime Network booth.(^^)

But as it was my first time attending, I wonder that if let said I went out of the hall to take lunch, may I been allowed to went in back to the hall without buying another ticket or que again as I really want to visit all the booths? In the end, after I went out, I straight forward went back home..
And does CF has maid or butler cafe in the hall as I hunt the hall for a half day, but couldn't spotted any.

私のはじめにコストをできます!
So, shall I be allow to enter back to the hall after I take lunch outside of the hall? Hope シフ先輩 will give this 後輩 some advice..

yes you are allowed as long as you wear the ticket~ you can go get lunch at klcc and get inside again later.

There's no Maid @Butler Cafe, sadly :)

• Ryutsuki likes this

#25 Ryutsuki

Ryutsuki

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Missanhuways san,

Thanks for answering my question..(^^)
  • missanhuways likes this

#26 silvennia

silvennia

The Lurking Daydreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 795 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

My first CF was back in 2006, though I first joined/got to know of CF in 2005. Though I was disappointed cause I couldn't join in the fun at Sekolah Sri Sedaya (I was overseas at that time) I had a pretty good time getting to know everyone in the forum back then (lurker I may be nowadays, I was extremely active in the forums then. Must be boredom).

I have absolutely NO idea how I came across Comic Fiesta, even until today (hahahaha)

I was very VERY excited when I finally got to attend my very first CF event, and I had cosplayed Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 1. Was also a doujin booth vendor and though we didn't get to sell much, we all had fun in our group ^_^

Nowadays I tend to hang out with the 'old folks' that I had known since 7 years ago (I feel old when I hang out with the newer group, seriously) but the few occasions when I get to meet new people, I'm glad to be of your acquaintance :) Also, I've been a lurker in the forum for quite a long time now mostly cause my work life has caught up with me real bad D:

Feel free to say hi to me when you DO see me in conventions, but please don't feel offended if I look blank or blur when I can't recognize you. Memory of a goldfish ^^;

*~*~Always believe in yourself~*~*

[T] @silvennia [IG] @silvennia [B] www.silvennia.com 

#27 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

My first CF was surprisingly is the first CF ever held (I think) if memory served well. Can't remember how... but my older sister dragged me there to see the event held at the very small Chinese Assembly Hall in KL. Back then, despite it being small I had fun being there. Seeing people selling their own fan-made merchandises... cosplays--back then there's a Sakura Taisen group, I was so excited to meet them and take pictures together with them. Since then I always looking forward to going to these events (We only had only two during that time, CF and CosMas). I didn't even know or care about the forum until few years later. Haha. But I eventually joined, in late 2004.

The first CF that I attended as a CF forumer was during 2005. I started cosplaying then... well the reason I started was because the FMA group had made that plan to commission the Amestris uniform together (I debuted that costume during mini Cosmas few months earlier). It was fun. I remembered how a small group of us had made this plan about meeting each other during CF, wearing some sort of nametags with our forum names on it. And since then, I loyally tried to attend CF every year... even agreed in helping out in the event as helpers; just to meet again these dear friends I acquired.

Well, nowadays I tend to seek out my old friends during events but didn't mind meeting new cosplayers or con-goers. Though I don't actively tried to approach new people since I'm very awkward at that. But hey~ since I'm most often found helping out as cashier during CF, I at least get to interact with new people at some point. Do say hi to us cashiers in the ticketing department once a while. <3

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#28 Shion-chan

Shion-chan

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

My first CF was this year~~~

It was a really fun experience excluding the huge crowd...

Excited for CF'14!!!

• edo likes this

#29 Integra9

Integra9

Senior CFer

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Last year, 2012, was my 1st CF. Well, since the world didn't end last year, so consider that lucky~

This year, u rock as well~

Tada no manganime ni wa kyomi arimasen~ :-/ 

tumblr_m3qaqswEpV1qe94xto1_500.gif

#30 Riko

Riko

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

My first CF was back in 2006 at Sri Sedaya hall...Didn't know anyone back then but made new friends from the event itself and met a good friend in the dressing room LOL! 

CURECurrent mangas:JR, Saiyuki, Finder,Crimson Spell, Silver Diamond, KHR, LCD, VK, Kuroshitsuji

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users