3 replies to this topic

#1 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think everyone knows this title now, no need to introduce. For anime only discussion go here http://community.com...o-kyojin-anime/ especially those who don't wanna be spoiled with manga.

A few months ago I remember squirming at how incredibly cheesy Jack the Giant Slayer is then we have THIS, which is like 10 times better than that movie. I know some have read the manga before it became mainstream, i read the manga after watching the first episode cos it's intriguing. And I sorta marathoned it in one day, and slept at 3 am because the amount of cliffhanger is too much I can't stand it.

this pretty much sums up how i feel about Shingeki http://kousora.tumbl...-shingeki-feels

but there are other things.

Spoiler

Seeing the anime is still at Trost Arc and there's only 25 episodes, I doubt they'd ever reach the part about Ymir, Reiner and Berthold :(

• edo likes this

#2 edo

edo

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 1051 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

AUW. YISS.

This manga totally deserve it's own thread, yes.

My major complain about the manga is the art. The first few chapters were drawn horribly, so horrible that I had a hard time trying to determine what was going on in the frame. I felt like the entire manga was drawn with ballpen.

Then.. the unclassy way to drag vital information to the public. I know, they wanna make it mysterious, enigmatic, so that in the end we can feel the gravity of it all when it's finally unveiled.

But, it's just too horrible.

GANTZ did it quite well, because no one knows wtf is going on. Battlestar Galactica did it well, because, again, no one knows wtf is going on.

But NOOOOO, in this manga we have individuals who knows wtf is going on, fully aware about the state of the world but NO, fuck you, they ain't telling you shit. "I'm going to tell you something. It's important. The truth is..."/SLAM SOMEONE ELSE BUTTS IN.

GAWD DAMN IT.

That cult priest knows something. He choose to be silent. If I was there, I would skin in dick, and dip it into hot sauce. I'll torture him till he spills out information.

But yeah, no matter how frustrating it goes, I'm still reading it. Because this is good shiz.

You've wasted 3 seconds of your life by reading this line

#3 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

i think the fact that it's

in this manga we have individuals who knows wtf is going on, fully aware about the state of the world but NO, frak you, they ain't telling you shit. "I'm going to tell you something. It's important. The truth is..."/SLAM SOMEONE ELSE BUTTS IN.

makes the manga different and unique compared to other shounens. This tactic the mangaka used, i blame it for making me sleep at 3am cos it makes me WANT TO KNOW MOAR. The frustration about wanting to know the truth makes you wanna keep on reading.

I actually barely noticed the horrible drawing in the latest chapters (maybe cos i was sleepy) cos I didn't have much complaints. I assume that there were so much action going on I didn't mind the messed up art. But I do notice that colossal-kun doesn't look as handsome as he is in the first chapter XD

#4 tsubasafan

tsubasafan

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

And to top it off, it updates monthly, not weekly. It's a smart move by the mangaka to make the readers read on. It creates a curiousity that can only be quenched monthly. Plus the way the mangaka reveals the information is like secrets within information. Really makes you claw the table/chair/laptop whenever the chapter ends.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users