• 148 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Free%21_promotional_image_1.jpg

■TVアニメ『Free!』公式サイト
http://iwatobi-sc.com/

■TVアニメ『Free!』公式Twitterアカウント
http://twitter.com/iwatobi_sc

Sypnosis:

Four boys named Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa and Rin all participated in a swimming tournament shortly before graduating elementary school and later parted ways. Years later, they reunite when Rin challenges Haruka to a race and wins. Not wanting to be defeated so easily, Haruka gathers Makoto and Nagisa and a new recruit named Rei to form the Iwatobi High School Swimming Club.

Source: http://www.animenews...me.php?id=15291

Opening theme "Rage on" by OLDCODEX 

Ending there "SPLASH FREE" sang by the five main characters (as voiced by their cast) known as STYLE FIVE - Nobunaga Shimazaki, Tatsuhisa Suzuki, Mamoru Miyano, Tsubasa Yonaga, Daisuke Hirakawa

Me like it! i mean what's thr not to like? BISHIESSS :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

FEEL FREE TO RANT or FANGIRL/BOY~ kyuuuuu~

#2 VulpineNinja

VulpineNinja

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 202 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

my impression of this series

episode 1: meh...

episode 2: oh sh*t is getting interesting

episode 3: OMGWTFKJGHADSKJHLAHSLKAHLSKJHKASHKAHSKJHSK WHY IS EVERYTHING SO FUCKING CUTE

episode 4: i think i understand where this is going already. It's really worth watching even if you've turned off at the first few episodes

so it's really rather different than most shounen manga where the protagonist NEEDS to be hotblooded and believes in himself etc, and he'd usually have a rival so that he has a reason to improve better and stuff. But I can't compare it with sports anime/manga as I don't watch many of it. Slam Dunk and Eyeshield 21 has protags who had zero knowledge on their sports prior to joining the respective clubs but was somehow prompted to join (Hanamichi, because of a girl. Sena because he was bullied). Kuroko no Basuke and Chihayafuru have protags who loved the game since their childhood, and is still continuing with their love towards it (but the only difference is Kuroko is sort of weak and Chihaya is naturally talented)

Free! on the other hand, we have the protag who loves swimming, but is not interested in swimming competitively

Spoiler

but is forced by a rival to become the typical shounen guy.

#3 siberian_blaze

siberian_blaze

Senior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

VulpineNinja>> yeah i und u! well explained indeed XD well done! *applause*

i find dis pretty norm....as in unlike Prince of Tennis or or Eyeshield21 a bit too exaggerated (dun get me wrong...i LOVE those 2 animes XD) but i guess its pretty hard to judge jus yet with jus 4 episodes.....even with jus 4 epis, it got me pretty hooked up with this anime <3 must b d bishies and the crappiness XD

love the humour n thank GOD d girl is not annoying =) [well, for now at least]

#4 aiyu_banana

aiyu_banana

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

LOVE IT!!! But only started watching yesterday T^T And now Youtube has removed the videos due to copyright.. I only got to episode one and I LOVED IT. Especially Rin GYAAAAAAAAAAAH //nosebleeds profusefully.

Would LOVE to discuss more, unfortunately I need to watch more episodes first T^T Do you use a particular website to watch Free? Because I couldn't find one (Crunchyroll was not an option.. )

Thank you so much for giving me a space to EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR FREE! <3 OTL

#5 princelingcat

princelingcat

ʘ‿ʘ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Aiyu; maybe this site will be of use to you. :P

syn @ facebook | tumblr | dA
warning: unexpected use of sarcasm may occur.

#6 aiyu_banana

aiyu_banana

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

princelingcat : Thank you ^_^ Really appreciate your help :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Swimming, Anime, Bishies, Free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users