9 replies to this topic

#1 ruricchi

ruricchi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hi. I'm 13(Is this too young?) and I want to cosplay. But I am kinda scared and embarassed to wear a costume and walk around. I'm scared I will get weird looks. Anyways, after some time thinking about what I want(At first, Mary but then Nanami and finally made a conclusion), I plan to cosplay as Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa. I want to make it but I don't know where to get the fabric, and I also don't know where to buy it cheap. I don't want my parents to be disappointed in me for using too much money(I already have...And really depressed now). What pose should I make when people ask me for pictures?

Is this site okay though?: http://www.cosplayfu...rom Danganronpa

But I would preferably buy from a local retail shop. The problem is they might not sell this cosplay.

Thank you to anyone who replies. Really appreciate the help.

tumblr_mnqs18GzvH1s323epo1_500.jpgSmall Heichou, Big adventures.

#2 ItsCookie :'>

ItsCookie :'>

i love being a midget :D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 840 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Babe, we're never too old or too young to cosplay! :) I'm just a year older than you -winkwink- //slap'd
Many people buy their costumes from taobao which isnt that expensive. You can just use the local taobao agent which i dont think is overpriced (but some are :|)
OH AND GUESS WHAT! :D Im cosplaying Celestia Ludenberg from danganronpa! :B I'm gonne order her costume alone with my buddy who is cosplying Kyoko Kirigiri :D
add me on facebook, it's easier to talk there ._.

• Peace13 likes this

tumblr_mwzma8I4Mj1rn8lhxo1_500.gif

\

#3 ruricchi

ruricchi

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Babe, we're never too old or too young to cosplay! :) I'm just a year older than you -winkwink- //slap'd
Many people buy their costumes from taobao which isnt that expensive. You can just use the local taobao agent which i dont think is overpriced (but some are :|)
OH AND GUESS WHAT! :D Im cosplaying Celestia Ludenberg from danganronpa! :B I'm gonne order her costume alone with my buddy who is cosplying Kyoko Kirigiri :D
add me on facebook, it's easier to talk there ._.

Cool! I LOVE Kyouko Kirigiri, she's my favourite. But I would look weird if I cosplayed as her because I'm short etc. And I thought it would be funny if my first cosplay was a cross-dresser. I keep getting stuck on what I want to cosplay as, Nanami is cute but has lots of accessories which take lots more money. Maybe I'll cosplay her next year...

tumblr_mnqs18GzvH1s323epo1_500.jpgSmall Heichou, Big adventures.

#4 Shuyii

Shuyii

Senior CFer

• Comic Fiesta Committee
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hi. I'm 13(Is this too young?) and I want to cosplay. But I am kinda scared and embarassed to wear a costume and walk around. I'm scared I will get weird looks. Anyways, after some time thinking about what I want(At first, Mary but then Nanami and finally made a conclusion), I plan to cosplay as Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa. I want to make it but I don't know where to get the fabric, and I also don't know where to buy it cheap. I don't want my parents to be disappointed in me for using too much money(I already have...And really depressed now). What pose should I make when people ask me for pictures?

Is this site okay though?: http://www.cosplayfu...rom Danganronpa

But I would preferably buy from a local retail shop. The problem is they might not sell this cosplay.

Thank you to anyone who replies. Really appreciate the help.

Like people said "The younger, the better" ... huhuhu

You might feel embarrassed at first but trust me, you won't as soon as you went into the crowd of cosplayers.

Because all of us are the same, we're cosplaying.

Thought of advising you to start simple but you already have a choice on your own.

Since you like it, it'll be alright =D

Remember this mantra "Cosplay is for FUN~"

Cheaper stuff can get from Taobao (that's the only cheaper option I can think of, other than do it yourself or buy second hand)

Pose? Go research.

What kind of pose your character like to do?

Google her picture. You'll see a pattern of a few same pose by your character =D

Practice them. Take those simpler ones (3 is good) or you'll forget them (brain freeze) at the moment someone ask you for a picture.

Have fun cosplaying~ XD

Kisses... Are they delicious? Posted Image

#5 imnana.c ★

imnana.c ★

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

XD I'm 3 years older and I've just started a few months back. No worries, age is not a limit to what you wanna do, especially cosplay :D

If you wanna make your own clothes (if you can sew), I suggest cloth shops like Kamdar and Tewah ^^ You can find Kamdar anywhere~ If you want cheap, yep, Taobao is the place. Just google www.taobao.com.

For poses, like the above comment-er says, do a research on the character you're cosplaying as :D 

See? It's quite simple and welcome to the cosplay society :3 Feel free to find me on Facebook if ya need anything, XD

Facebook: www.facebook.com/shiroanna97

#6 Yuukisatoru

Yuukisatoru

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

can anyone please tell me how to buy from Taobao.com
since I can't understand chinese ^^);;
can anyone translate this???
http://item.taobao.c...1.17.10.BtDtQ9#

#7 imnana.c ★

imnana.c ★

Junior CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

can anyone please tell me how to buy from Taobao.com
since I can't understand chinese ^^);;
can anyone translate this???
http://item.taobao.c...1.17.10.BtDtQ9#

Heys :D I know a Taobao agent and I can refer you to her. PM me on FB and we'll talk more there ^^

FB: www.facebook.com/shiroanna97

#8 Yumizo

Yumizo

Candy yumi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Konnichiwa! 13's definitely not too young to cosplay, I started cosplaying when I was 13 too! ^^

Before you step into the convention venue with your costume, the mirror's your best friend. I'm sure all of us would feel embarrassed, worried and shy first time cosplaying, trust me, I was shivering too, but thanks to my friends' advises, pointers, I feel much better haha. 

If you can sew (which I think you're amazing) then you could go fabric shopping at Kamdar, Mid Valley. I've never been there personally, but quite a few of my cosplay friends would go there for fabric shopping. 

If not, you could opt for online tailors. Unless you don't really have a budget then you could check out local shop tailors. I've been to a local tailor once and well lets say the quotes were insane, they've made a bleach taichou costume once for approximately 1k. I'm pretty sure that there are quite alot of cosplay tailors on cf forums' market board, and once you've found a tailor that suits your taste I think you'll be fine settling with one tailor. 

Personally, I've ordered all my costumes from https://www.facebook.com/nekoworkshop

Here's a few pointers when ordering costumes online. 

1. Check what material/fabric your costumes are made with, for example the same character's costume could be made in both satin or cotton material, so if you're not familiar, research more to see what material you think is best for your costume and would look good on you. 

2. Provide good references, this would give the tailor better accuracy if the character costume you want is less mainstream. c:

3. Take down measurements properly. Check with your tailor whether they'd prefer exact measurements or do you need to give them 1-2cm difference, since I've got alot of friends receiving their costumes either too big or too small lol. 

4. Check for reviews! If you stumble across some forum thread made by a specific tailor, scroll through the board to read reviews from past customers, if its a new tailor, ask for their previous work's reference pics ^^v This is to ensure that you don't get your money cheated or more insurance on whether the product's quality standard is to your liking or not. 

Posing. 

Research research and research. 

What I do is...either rewatch the entire anime or read the manga all over again like a week or two before the event xD 

Then again, mirror-san will be your best friend. haha

Also, if you could, get someone to take photos of you while posing, if you lagi shy, tripod!

Like others had earlier mentioned, taobao. Its also a good place to hunt for costumes/wigs/etc 

but like all internet shopping / services got risk lo. 

There's a reason why my first cos, also my utmost simplest cosplay actually hit 1k lol. 

Hehehe that's all the pointers I could give according from personal experiences in the past. :s I've only cosplayed like 2-4 characters but I guess those answers are general answers c:

If you still have any other questions, just ask on the forums, a lot out there would be glad to help and share their experiences! v ^^ v

Hope you enjoy cosplaying in the future! c:

Sincerely, a semi-MIA coser haha

kyo1-b.png

Be a kind soul and drop by my site --> candy-yumi.com

#9 Izumi Ishtar

Izumi Ishtar

Veteran CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Dear, do read up the earlier few posts on the Cosplay FAQ. People kept asking same questions I was lazy to repeat same thing.

通りすがりの仮面ライダーだ、覚えておけ!」。Flame Izumi's albums, FF.N acc,

#10 Peace13

Peace13

Fresh CFer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Just be who ever u want to be in World Of Cosplay because we all have same interest though which is we know that we love anime~ ok? just ignore other people opinion~ the more u concern regarding people opinion the more lower your interest to cosplaying~ cosplaying is fun activity where most of us are able to express our unique talent where most of "normal" people dont really understand~ but to me, i dont let other people opinion to affect our cosplay mentality because we do what we loves and nothing wrong with it~ and Age doest matter where the important is ur spirit to cosplaying~ Just Keep Up ok? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cosplay, advice, dangan ronpa, noob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users